Treacherous 26

"chère sœur"

"Mara was moved to a private house bought by your mother. She hired a private doctor and nurses for Mara. It's about a two-hour car drive from LSA. Here's the address."

Lisa stopped her car and looked at the house that stood not too far away from her. She turned the engine off and got out of the car.

Jisoo was the one who talked to her mother like she said and informed her of where Mara was now. They moved her to a new secure home not too long after she went to see her for the first time not too long ago.

It's five pm. The sun was just starting to set.

The house was lonely. No neighboring houses in sight. Seems like her mother personally chose this location to keep Mara's accident a secret.

She walked towards the gates and pressed the doorbell.

Moments later, she was already welcomed inside the house by a maid.

"Miss Mara's room is upstairs, first door to your right Miss." The maid informed her and gave her a respectful bow.

"Thank you," Lisa replied before she proceeded to go to the room where her sister is located in.

She walked upstairs, turning to her right. Her hand landed on the doorknob that will lead her to her sister.

Just as she was about to turn it, the door opened which revealed a woman in a doctor attire. This woman was Mara's private doctor.

"Oh my..." The woman let out upon seeing her at the door. Lisa quickly bowed.

"You must be Mara's sister, Lalisa. My, for a second I thought Mara suddenly woke up and standing right in front of me." The doctor chuckled and Lisa smiled softly.

"How is she, Doctor...?" Lisa trailed off, waiting for the woman to tell her her name.

"Han, please. I am Dr. Han Suyeon. I am a close friend to your mother Olivia." The woman informed her. Of course, her mother would choose someone close to her.

"I see. So how is my sister Dr. Han?" Lisa asked.

The smile that was on the doctor's lips suddenly turned into a serious one before looking back inside the room. Lisa followed her gaze and it landed on Mara's sleeping body laying on a queen-sized bed.

The doctor proceeded to inform her about Mara's current condition. She listened attentively, taking in everything Dr. Han was telling her. As she does so, her eyes never left her sister's form on the bed.

"I'll leave you be now. Call me if you need anything. I'll be downstairs." Dr. Han told her before leaving.

And so she took deep breaths and walked inside, closing the door behind her.

Her feet moved forward towards the bed.

"ma sœur..." Lisa spoke as she sat down on the edge of the bed. Her hand reached for Mara's right hand and held onto it gently. The steady beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound resonating inside the room. (ma sœur means "my sister" in French)

"How are you, Sammy? I hope you are well taken care of here." Lisa breathed as she fixed the blanket over her sister's sleeping body. She paused when her eyes landed on Mara's peaceful face.

She received no reply. Of course. And so she reached out in an attempt to caress her sister's cheek. The soft skin caused her to feel a tingling sensation on her hand.

"You know I met our Father." Lisa began, her fingers gently moving the strands of orange hair that was on Mara's face. "He was as handsome as I remember. Only older."