Chapter Four 02

As soon as we entered the new island, we were greeted by an unexpected sight.

It's an amusement park...!

I squealed in joy and started to run ahead of everyone else.

I've never been to an amusement park before...!

I marveled at the sight before me while everyone else caught up with me.

I ran towards Nagito, "Look Nagito, look! It's an amusement park! I've never been to an amusement park before!" I grinned excitedly and grabbed Nagito's pale arm.

"Come on, come on! Let's go explore!" I childishly exclaimed while Nagito laughed at my reactions.

I dragged Nagito away from the others and started to roam around the island.

***

We were all asked to gather at the roller coaster.

"It's so high!" I thought as I looked up, an unknown emotion overwhelming me.

Is this.... what they call fear...?

I shuddered at the height and tightly clutched onto Nagito's jacket.

"Hm?" Nagito looked at me to see me shaking, "Are you perhaps afraid?" I nodded.

"It's... It's too high... I'm scared that I might fall if I ride it!" I trembled, causing Nagito to chuckle.

"Don't worry... I'll make sure that never happens," Nagito's lips curled up into a soft smile.

"R-Really?"

"Really."

We both sat down on the seats with our fingers intertwined.

After everyone got in, the cart started moving. I tightened my hold on Nagito's hand to signify that I was scared causing Nagito to squeeze tighter, as if telling me that it was alright. (Sad fact: I've never ridden a roller coaster before, so sorry if I can't describe the experience well!)

The cart started to slowly go up into a high slope. I closed my eyes as I felt the cart go up until it stopped. I opened my eyes to see a breathtaking view from above.

"This... This is amazing....!" I marveled at the sight.

Nagito smiled from beside me, "Told you so."

And with that, gravity did its job and caused the cart to fall from the slope.

I let go of Nagito's hand and raised my arms, "WOHOOOOO!" I screamed, feeling the harsh wind blow against my skin.

I looked at Nagito beside me to see him enjoying it as well.

Roller coasters... are fun....

***

The ride ended. I stepped out of the cart with the help of Nagito.

"I never expected roller coasters to be so fun!" I laughed causing Nagito to laugh as well.

"All right, we've arrived! How was it? Wasn't it fun?" Monokuma greeted us.