Chapter One 05

I entered the abandoned building only to be greeted by a cloud of dust.

"N-Nagito?" I coughed out as I fully entered the building.

"Yes?" Nagito hummed in response. His voice was a bit muffled meaning that he was in a room.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm in the storage room!" Nagito answered.

I made my way to the storage room to see Nagito holding a box full of cleaning supplies. I grabbed a broom from the corner of the room and began sweeping.

"I'll go on ahead and grab a bucket of water," Nagito suggested while he placed the box of cleaning supplies down on the floor.

"Sure," I replied and continued to sweep.

***

I sat down on the, now clean, floor of the dining hall with Nagito beside me, panting heavily.

"Man.... I'm beat..." I panted while Nagito chuckled.

"S-same.... How about we stay like this for a while?" Nagito suggested while he gasped for air.

A comfortable silence loomed over the two of us until Nagito spoke up.

"Say, Y/n...."

"Yes?"

"Are you.....faking it...?"

As he said those words, I felt my whole world come to a stop.

H-Huh?

"Your emotions.... I mean...." Nagito spoke gently.

I chuckled, "Wh-What? What are you talking about?" I felt my façade break as my once cheery voice was replaced by a monotone one.

Nagito's eyes widened slightly and he looked away, "I see.... so I was right...."

"Why?" I flinched at my own voice. It's been a while since I heard my voice devoid of emotion.

Nagito sighed, "I truly admire you, you know. An Ultimate like yourself who spreads positivity when you, yourself, can't feel any positivity. You even went so far as to fake your emotions for the sake of hope!" He started to breathe heavily with his face becoming a deep shade of red.

"Ahh~ I can see the hope evident in your eyes. The hope of being able to feel," He embraced himself.

Nagito went on to ramble about hope while I just stared at him. I stared at him until I felt my vision turn blurry.

"Huh?" I placed a hand on my cheek to feel tears running down.

I sniffed, "Wha-What's this?" I let out a sob which seemed to have made Nagito stop with his rambling.

"Y/n...?" Nagito looked up from the ground to find me crying.

I'm crying.... Why... is that....?

My thoughts were a mess as I clutched onto Nagito and continued to cry.

"I.... I can feel them...." I cried.

"Feel what....?"

"E-Emotions...."

Ah... I see... this must be what they call "tears of joy"

I cried and cried until the tears were no more. Another silence loomed over the two of us as I finally let go of the hug.

I sniffled, "I can finally feel emotions...." I smiled, a genuine smile, "All because of you, Nagito,"

"Because of me...?"

"You're the first person I ever felt this sort of way to. I don't know what it is, but every time I'm with you my heart beats faster, my face get all red, and I can't get you out of my head! I don't want this sort of feeling to go away, never ever!" I confessed.

Nagito stared at me with his cheeks dusted with a light shade of red.

"I-It's okay if you don't f-feel the same way.... I just wanted to let you know... that's all..." I looked at the ground, away from his eyes.

"Y/n..." Nagito spoke gently and placed his hand on my chin, making me look at him.

"I don't know why a symbol of Hope like you would feel this way towards trash like me, but... I.... I feel same way," He spoke with gentleness that made me melt.

"I love you, Y/n,"

Love....?

I smiled, "I love you, too, Nagito," Nagito smiled and leaned in for a kiss. I leaned in as well until out lips met.

Yeah....

This....

This is love....