Chapter Two 08

After hearing Monokuma's words, I rushed out of the diner, ignoring the others who were calling out to me.

I ran and ran until I finally reached the abandoned building.

"Please tell me he's safe," I silently pleaded.

I opened the door hesitantly and made my way to the dining hall.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the wooden door, "Nagito?" No response. I felt myself growing more worried with each passing second as I opened the door to reveal an empty room.

Empty... room...?

Nagito was nowhere to be found.

"Huh? T-That's strange..." I let out a dry laugh.

"He... He was here... When I left to go to the beach..." I pulled on my hair.

I was shaking, "W-Where could he be...?" I felt my legs give up as I sat on the floor, breathing heavily.

"N-Nagito? Where is he?!" I felt my vision turn blurry as tears streamed down my face.

"Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he? Where is he?" I chanted while I rocked myself back and forth.

"C-Calm down... Just stand up and search for him..." I stood up, changed back into my clothes, and walked my way back to the second island.

I walked absentmindedly towards the beach house.

I tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

"Huh...?" I mumbled and searched for a new entrance.

I went around and entered the back door. I opened the door to reveal Mahiru's dead body.

I breathed a sigh in relief, "It wasn't Nagito..."

...

Where could he be...?

I pushed away my thoughts and tapped Hajime's shoulder.

Hajime turned around and looked at my tear-stained face in shock, "Y-Y/n?! What happened?!"

I shook my head and put on a smile, "Oh, nothing really... I just got something in my eye..." I lied and turned my head to Mahiru's corpse.

Mahiru...

I wish we could've hung out more...

I turned to face Hajime again, "Say, can I investigate with you?" I grinned.

"Y-Yeah... Sure..."

"Awesome! I'll let you know if I find anything interesting," And with that, I started investigating.

***

I walked with Hajime and Chiaki towards the park to play the motive game again.

We arrived at the park, only to be greeted by an unexpected person.

"Why hello there, Y/n, Hajime, and Chiaki. I'm glad you guys are doing well," My heart almost leapt out of my chest.

"NAGI!!" I yelled and immediately tackled him into a hug.

"Oof!" Nagito groaned as he lost balance and fell on the ground with me sitting on top of him, straddling him.

"Where have you been?! I've been looking everywhere for you!!" I shook him lightly.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry for not informing you that I left the building..." He apologized.