Chapter Three 02

Nagito and I entered the cinema in the third island only to be greeted by Monokuma.

"Welcome!" The bear greeted, "I present to you...the movie theater!"

I can see that...

"The showing will begin in a few minutes so please enter the screening room and wait patiently," Monokuma explained.

"S-Showing? What are you showing?"

"A movie, of course!" Monokuma laughed, "Here's an invitation ticket," He gave us each a slip of paper, "Please note that the invitation ticket can only be used once, so if you want to watch it again then you have to pay," He explained.

"Well then... Have fun you two!" He disappeared leaving Nagito and me in confusion.

"Do you want to watch the video, Nagi?" I turned to look at the luckster beside me.

"Well the movie might be a motive, so let's just watch it to make sure," I nodded at his words and proceeded to enter the screening room.

Nagito and I sat on the middle row and waited patiently for the movie to start. It was a bit cold inside the room making me shiver. I hugged myself to keep warm, Nagito seemed to notice this and removed his jacket to drape it over the two of us like a blanket.

I smiled at his gesture and snuggled closer to him, despite the arm rest in between us.

The screen lit up showing the words:

The wizard of Monomi
2.5D

The screen changed to show Monokuma walking with a bunch of elderly people surrounding him.

"Monokuma was born in a remote village full of old people because the death rates outpaced the birth rates," The voice of the narrator began.

"One day, Monokuma was swept up by a tornado created by a helicopter gunship during a military routine exercise... And was whisked away to Monomi's country."

"Monokuma wanted to return to his homeland so he could go back to pestering the old people for change..." (Get yer own job gosh darn it) "So he began his journey to see the wizard, Monomi, who was rumored to grant any wish one desires."

"Along the way, he met a very loyal group of friends,"

"Monokuma met a Monomi scarecrow who was missing a brain. When he recommended that she commit suicide.... The Monomi scarecrow hanged herself and died."

"He also met a Monomi lion who was missing her courage, so he pumped her full of arrows."

"He also met a Monomi tin man who was missing a heart, so Monokuma sliced her into lumps of iron."

"After a lot of other stuff happened, Monokuma finally reached the wizard Monomi, the great and powerful... Eventually, one thing happened right after the other and he started beating the crap out of Monomi."

"And in the end, he somehow usurped the kingdom from her. With this, Monokuma enslaved the old people, took their pensions, and lived the rest of his days in luxury."

"The end."

I stared in the screen in shock and in disgust.

"That movie was horrible!" I screamed in utter distaste.

I looked at Nagito beside me to see him in a depressed state.

"N-Nagi?" I panicked and shook him.

"H-Huh...?"

"Snap out of it, Nagi! Stay positive!" I smiled at him to try and cheer him up.

"L-Let's just get out of here..." I nodded at his words and delicately removed his hoodie off of the two of us and gave it back to him.

After he put his jacket back on, I grabbed his hand and quickly rushed out of the screening room.

I opened the door with a loud 'slam' and saw Monokuma and Hajime at the lobby of the movie theater.

Nagito breathed a sigh in relief.

"Ah, Nagito, Y/n! Please answer my questionnaire!" I glared at the monochrome bear.

"It doesn't matter if we answer it..." Nagito spoke up, "That movie was so boring, it was torture. Minutes felt like weeks while I was watching it." I nodded along to his words.

"U-Um..." Monokuma uttered, "Well... I guess that's what art is... because it's not really art unless it surpasses common sense," He turned his back to us and sulked.

"I thought it was going to be another motive, but I guess that's not the case. Man, what a let down..." Nagito sighed.

"Don't worry, Nagi! At least now we can't watch it ever again!" I tried to cheer him up.

"I-It was that bad...?" I nodded furiously at Hajime's words.

"Well... I definitely made the right call by not watching it,"

Nagito sighed, "I'm so tired of the boredom..."

"If money would've gotten me out of seeing it... I should've just settled it with money..."

"Let me ask you something... If you were told you could pay 1.5 million dollars and not watch that movie..."

1.5 million?! That's more than enough to buy me a lifetime's supply of f/f!

"I'd gladly pay it," Nagito said without any hesitation.

"Me too! Even if I had to swim in debt," I added.

Hajime looked at us with sympathy before turning to look at Monokuma.

I looked at Nagito, "Shall we go and explore other places?" I reached out my hand for him to take.

"Sure," He grabbed my hand and we exited the movie theater.