Chapter One 07

After a while, Byakuya came back with Hajime trailing behind him.

"Ah, they're finally back!" Mahiru pointed out making everyone turn their heads towards the duo.

"Hey, let's eat already! I'm starving!" Akane whined.

"There's still an issue we need to address first," Byakuya stated.

"Eh?! An issue?!" Akane gasped, "Who do I gotta beat the crap outta? Just say the word and I'll do it for ya!" Akane exclaimed while she cracked her knuckles.

"That won't be necessary," Byakuya crossed his arms over his chest, "The issue is where to safeguard this duralumin case full of dangerous items," He continued and gestured towards the large case.

"Can't we just leave it here...?" Kazuichi asked.

"I've already put a lock over it. All we need is someplace safe to store it," Once Byakuya said that, Sonia offered the storage room.

"Then someone should guard it. That would keep it safe, yes?" Peko spoke.

"Eh? Who? Who?" Hiyoko questioned.

"I'll do it, of course," Peko stated.

"Uhm... Peko..?" I called out for the swordswoman.

"Yes?"

"I don't think the storage room is a suitable place since I kinda forgot to... clean it.... heh...." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Jeez! How incompetent can you be?!" Hiyoko whined in which I ignored.

"In that case... Why don't you guard it in the office?" Byakuya offered, "If I recall correctly, there's also a circuit breaker in there, too. It'd be a good idea to guard that as well,"

"Yeah, that sounds nice. I'm pretty sure it's not that dirty there," Nagito smiled making my heart skip a beat.

"I could never get used to his smile," I thought and turned to look at the white haired beauty.

"Understood. So I need to be on guard duty at the office. Then I should get going. Have a fun night, everyone," Peko was about to head out of the dining hall with the case until I called out to her.

"What is it, Y/n?"

I quickly grabbed a plate and placed a decent amount of food and ran towards to Peko, making sure not to trip.

I handed the plate full of food to Peko, "Here! Stay safe, Peko!" I grinned at her widely.

"Thank you, Y/n. You too," And with that, Peko left the dining hall.

After Peko left, everyone started discussing about the other duralumin case and how Monokuma could disturb the party.

"Well in that case... I could stand guard outside..." Chiaki offered.

"Stand guard...? You...?" Byakuya looked at Chiaki as if she had grown two heads.

"Hey now.... What can a girl like you do? You're just gonna put yourself in danger," Kazuichi stated which made me roll my eyes.

"Well it's not like I'm completely alone... I'll ask Monomi to accompany me..." Chiaki trailed off.

Byakuya scoffed, "Very well then. I suppose you could stand guard outside with the rabbit," With Byakuya's words I quickly grabbed a plate, placed some food on it, and ran towards Chiaki.

"Here. Make sure to stay safe, okay?" I smiled and gave the plate to the gamer.

"Yeah..." She smiled while grabbing the plate away from my hands. "Thanks.... Y/n...." She walked off.

"S-So, i-it's all settled, right? Then can we...." Akane spoke with drool leaking out of her mouth.

"You're right. Let us begin," Byakuya let out a chuckle.

"ALL RIGHT!" Akane cheered and almost immediately started to stuff her face with food.

And with that, the party started.