SPECIAL CHAPTER 02

Start from the beginning

"Babe, can you please get the rest of the groceries from the car?" New asked as he placed the meat in the freezer.

They just got back from their weekly grocery shopping as their Sundays always included buying groceries and cleaning the house. Well, he did most of the work as Tay would be in his mini office most of time, reading and signing documents.

"Sure thing, babe!" Tay replied and went straight to the door.

He was already done placing the vegetables inside the chiller when he noticed that it had been almost ten minutes but Tay hadn't come back.

"Did he go all the way back to the grocery store?" he asked in disbelief and trudged towards the living room.

"Babe?" he called out but Tay wasn't there.

He immediately went to the garage to check on him but he wasn't there, too. He was about to call him out again when he heard a cry, a shrill cry of what seemed to be a baby.

He surveyed the area to find out where the cry was coming from and eventually stopped breathing when he saw Tay by the front gate whilst carrying something in his arms.

With shaky breaths, he approached Tay who was unmoving, his gaze fixed on whatever it was in his arms.

"Tay, what the hell is that?"

It was only then that Tay got back to his senses and stared at New with a confused look on his face.

"Baby."

***

Tay, please take care of our baby while I'm away.

-Anne

New crumpled the note that was placed in the basket where the baby was placed.

He closed his eyes as he took deep breaths to calm himself or he would have literally kicked Tay of their house. He didn't care if Tay's parents were the ones who gave it. He definitely just had the urge to smack a fist across his face.

"Babee. It's not mine, okay? I don't even know who this Anne is."

He glared at Tay who was sitting meekly on the sofa, the baby still in his arms.

"Please take care of our baby. Our baby, Tay. How am I supposed to take that note?!"

Tay didn't answer and just pouted his lips.

"Goodness, Tay, were you cheating on me whilst we are married???"

"Of course not, babe! I wouldn't do that! Not in a million years."

"Then how are you supposed to explain that baby? And based on my calculations, it's still around five months old. Were, were you, did you go back to your old habits while we're together?" New stifled a cry as he looked at Tay with an accusing look on his face.

"Babe, I seriously don't know anything about this child. I swear, I'm not having an affair. It's just you, okay? I don't have anyone else."

"Then who is this Anne?"

"I-I don't know. Well, I-I did have some flings who were named Anne before but I swear ever since we got together, I didn't cheat on you and I would never."

He just stared at Tay quite disheartened but at the same time he wanted to believe what he was saying. But whenever his gaze fell on the child in his arms, all his logical reasoning just vanished into thin air, completely making him doubt Tay's words.

"Babe?" Tay's voice was pleading but he maintained his firmness and just stared at him with cold eyes.

"You take care of that baby yourself," he said with finality in his voice before heading towards their bedroom.