CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

New grunted when Tay buttoned his shirt up to the last one.

"Yaaaah, it's too hot. Let me unbutton just two."

"No or everybody's gonna stare at your chest at work. I don't wanna fire people on the spot."

"Tssssss. You're so grumpy," he complained and returned to his desk.

"Aren't you gonna make me do something? Why am I even your secretary if you will just let me do nothing," he propped his arms on the table and looked at Tay.

Ever since that morning, he didn't do anything aside from accepting calls which did not even count up to five.

"Yeah, but you're my boyfriend so you're allowed to slack off once in awhile."

He rolled his eyes and heaved a huge amount of breath as he stared back at Tay who was leaning back on his chair.

"Can you stop ogling at me? You know what you should really transfer me to another department or we wouldn't finish any work here."

"Are you really my boyfriend now?"

He furrowed his eyebrows upon hearing Tay's question.

"Why? Do you want me to take back my words?"

"It just feels surreal. Please tell me I'm not dreaming."

He snorted and made face at Tay who was still staring dreamily at him.

"You know what I should get us some lunch. You're just hungry. What do you want to eat?"

"Just let Pluem handle the orders. Why don't you come here and hug me?"

As if on cue, somebody knocked and Pluem came in.

"Uhm, New, somebody gave you this."

Pluem handed him a what seemed to be a lunch box and a stem of rose.

"Who is it from?" Tay's voice echoed inside the office.

He looked at the card on the flower.

"It's from Kay," he unconsciously said and eventually regretted it when Tay approached him in large strides.

He could no longer say anything as Tay grabbed the lunch box and the rose from him and handed them back to Pluem.

"You're not getting that one. Pluem from now on, do not accept anything delivered to New. And report to me as soon as possible."

"Taay, I-I mean sir," he looked at Pluem who had a confused look on his face.

"No and when I say no it's final. Now tell me what you wanna eat and will have it delivered," Tay then grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the couch.

He nervously smiled at Pluem who was gaping at them with the lunch box and rose in his hand.

_____

"I didn't mean to pry but are you and Mr Tawan, errr, you know," Pluem asked him while he was helping him arrange some files.

He awkwardly smiled at him and bit his lips.

"Uhhh, I mean. That's kinda surprising as Mr Tawan strictly implements the no office romance policy in the company."

"Huh? Is that so?"

"Yeah. He doesn't want the idea of flirting at work but I guess some rules are made to be broken," Pluem grinned at him.

He immediately went back to Tay's office to confront him.

"You should definitely transfer me to another department or maybe I'll just apply at another company."