CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Warning: Contains mature content.

***

Tay parked his car outside New's mother's  pastry shop. He was hoping he'd find him there. He immediately grabbed his keys and went out of the car.

He had been to this shop before. He often bought sweets there as her mother was fond of eating desserts.

He slowly pushed the door and looked around. They were a few customers occupying the seats.

He flinched when someone tapped his shoulder and he almost muttered a curse when he came face to face with New's mother.

"Go-good morning, Mom."

She glared at him and raised her eyebrow.

"That's Mrs for you," she replied and went to the counter.

He slowly followed her, fidgeting with his fingers as he tried to find the right words to say.

"Uhhmm. I just wanna ask if, New's here," he asked and pinched his legs as he was afraid of the glares she was giving him.

"No. And why would you look for him? You're not together, right?"

"Uhhm, actually, I-uuh-we—."

"Mom! We're out of white sugar!"

Tay almost clapped the moment he saw New come out of the kitchen. There were traces of flour on his face and he was wearing a pink apron with a cute bear print.

"T-Tay?"

He smiled at him but his smile eventually vanished the moment his eyes landed on New's mom.

"What are you doing here?" New asked and approached him.

"I heard what happened. Apple told me."

New became silent.

"I-uh. I came to check on you," he continued when he heard no response from him.

"Uh, yeah. You know. Things just happened. Here have a seat."

They both turned their heads when they heard New's mother cleared her throat.

"Moom."

"What? I'm not saying anything."

New grabbed his arm and made him sit.

"I'm gonna get you something to eat."

He was about to refuse but New already left him to get some sweets.

"We still need to talk Mr."

He smiled nervously when New's mother stared at him with her arms across her chest.

"Uhh. Su-sure, M-mom."

_____

New tapped his foot multiple times as he waited for his mom and Tay to finish talking.

He had been waiting for almost an hour. He didn't even know what to do when his mom suddenly told Tay to follow him to her mini office.

He cracked the bones of his fingers and bit his lips as he glanced at her office's door, hoping Tay would come out anytime soon.

He heaved a sigh of relief when the door opened and came out Tay with his mother closely behind.

"Mooom. Why did you drag him all of a sudden?!" he whined as he grabbed Tay's arm and hid him behind his back.

"What? I didn't do anything," she automatically defended herself.

"Come with me," he said and dragged Tay to the kitchen where he was baking cookies.