CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

New groaned and reached for his phone that had been ringing non stop. He massaged his head and sniffed as he extended his arm to grab it from the bedside table.

He didn't wanna get up. After their confrontation last night, it seemed like he lost all his energy that he could barely move. His head was aching too after all the crying he did.

He looked at the screen and saw Pluem's name.

"Hello?" he said in a hoarse voice.

New?? Where are you?? I've been calling you last night but you weren't answering. Mr Tay's been rushed to the hospital.

He immediately sat up and clutched his phone tighter, his heart pounding and his hands shaking.

"Wh-what happened to him?" his lips were quivering as he held his breath.

He got into a car crash. We're here at the hosp

He didn't even let Pluem finish his words. He ended the call and grabbed his car keys. Pluem didn't even have to tell him which hospital they were at because he already knew where to find Tay.

_____

New breathed heavily as he asked the nurse about Tay's room number. He immediately rushed to the VIP floor where he was directed and saw Tay's parents talking in the hallway.

"Oh my goodness! Thank God you're here, Son!" Tay's mother exclaimed and hugged him.

"But are you okay? You look...messy," she fixed his hair and straightened his shirt.

That was when he realized that he wasn't even able to change as he rushed outside his unit as soon as he heard the news.

He looked down at his feet and saw that he was wearing his bedroom slippers instead of shoes.

He muttered a silent prayer of thanks when he saw that he was wearing shorts and not boxers or he would have died on the spot out of humiliation.

"I'm so glad you're here. That idiot's not eating unless he sees you," she cupped his face.

"Wh-what happened to him?"

"He was almost hit by a truck last night. Luckily he was able to avoid it and hit the lamppost instead."

"How is he?"

"He has some scratches and a broken wrist but other than that he's fine. The doctors already ran the needed tests and found no other problems."

He heaved a sigh of relief after hearing the news. He felt somewhat guilty. If they had only talked about their problem last night, Tay wouldn't have gotten into an accident.

"But the moron's not eating. He said he wouldn't eat a single grain unless he sees you. That guy's smitten by you. What did you ever do to him?"

He chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"Uhh, can I go in to see him?"

"Of course dear. And please make him eat. He hasn't eaten anything since last night. We have a meeting to attend so we're leaving him in your care, okay?"

He nodded and smiled at her.

"We're leaving, son," Tay's father tapped his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him," he smiled at them and waved them goodbye.

He grasped the doorknob tightly and took a deep breath before turning it.

"Sir, you can't take your medicine if you don't eat," the nurse attending to Tay complained.