SPECIAL CHAPTER 02

***

"Oh come on, Tay! Give me the diaper! Urgh! Goodness, faster!"

He glared at Tay who then rummaged through the piles of cloths, boxes of milk and other essentials inside the bag. He rolled his eyes as some of them flew off as Tay ransacked the bag hastily as the baby's shrill cry filled the entire house.

"Fuck! What does it look like?" Tay asked in confusion as he continued looking, obviously nervous under New's scrutinizing look.

"No cursing, Tay. We've got a baby right here. And oh my goodness! You haven't seen a diaper your whole life??"

"Baaabe, it's my first time taking care of a baby. I seriously don't know what a diaper looks like."

"Well you better get your act together because I swear to heavens Tay, if I find out this baby is yours, I'm gonna drown you in boiling oil," New fired back as he threw the pack of wet wipes towards Tay's direction.

***

5 hours earlier.

"Hmmmmmm. This is actually good," he complemented Tay as they were having their breakfast on a Sunday morning.

He had always been the one preparing their food but since Tay insisted on learning some skills in the kitchen, he would allow him to help at times though it meant wasting some of their ingredients that were supposed to last a week.

Tay seemed to have improved over the course of their marriage life in terms of cooking though. Well, he would still burn some dishes but they could still be eaten though he had to swallow them at once whilst maintaining a straight face.

Tay proudly beamed at him as he twirled his fork on the pasta.

"See. I told you. I can cook you decent food."

"Tsss. It's just pasta, Tay."

"But still, I didn't burn anything," Tay proudly grinned even more and reached out to wipe the side of his lips.

He just let him be though he was quite astounded why they were having pasta for breakfast.

"Next time we'll do baking, okay?" he smiled back at him and Tay just tousled his hair.

"Sure babe, whatever you say."

"Hmm. By the way, the doctor called and said that the surrogate just passed all the needed tests," Tay informed him and put more pasta on his plate.

"Oh really! That's great then. I'm so excited," he grabbed Tay's hand and held it tightly.

"Yeah, me too. What do you want? A boy or a girl?"

"Hmm. A boy? Well.. Any gender will do as long as the baby's healthy."

Tay then dragged his chair closer and draped his arm on his shoulder.

He leaned his head on Tay and played with Tay's fingers, fiddling with them as Tay slowly brushed his hair.

"Do you think we'd do great as parents?" he asked as he intertwined his fingers with Tay's.

"Yeah. We'll make sure of that. I mean we may not be perfect but I'm sure we'll do great. Why? Are you nervous?"

"I, I don't know. I mean, I don't know what to feel. I'm kinda excited but nervous as well. What if our kids will ask why they don't have a mother...and have two fathers instead?"

"Don't worry too much, okay? We'll do just fine. We'll make sure of that," Tay assured him and placed a kiss on top of his head.

***