CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"What is this all about?!" Apple complained as she entered the car and slammed the door.

Tay just looked at her in awe as she placed another set of bags in the backseat.

"Did you bring your entire house? Isn't your luggage enough?"

"You told me to take an indefinite leave, an indefinite leave! How the hell am I supposed to know how many clothes I should pack? And you even told me we're leaving already. Of course, I just brought anything I could grab from my closet. And can you just stop complaining? You didn't even help load my luggage into your car!"

Tay just shrugged his shoulders and looked ahead. They were parked a few blocks away from New's unit.

"And why the hell are we going on a trip in the middle of a workweek?"

"Tsss. Keep quiet. I'm thinking."

"Oh really?"

He revved the engine when he saw New and Earth coming out of the building.

"Huh, so we're stalking them now?? Oh come on Tay. I expected more from you."

"Just shut up okay. I'll give you another bag just help me with this one."

_____

"So where are we going exactly?" New asked.

He was actually caught off guard when Earth told him they were going on a two-day trip.

"Tss. Just don't worry okay. I'm gonna take you somewhere you can relax. You don't have to worry about work. You have me, right."

"I don't even know if being friends with one of the bosses is a good thing or not."

"Well, you can always choose to be more than friends," Earth smirked before turning on the engine.

New just glared at him and didn't say anything.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. You don't have to look at me that way."

*

New shifted in his seat and squinted his eyes as he looked outside the window.

"He-hey, I'm sorry for sleeping," he apologized as he fell asleep the entire drive.

"Nah, no worries, okay. I'm taking you out to rest. Come on," Earth replied and went down the car.

He surveyed the area as he descended the car. It was a beach resort and by the looks of it, it was a resort intended for those who were loaded.

He followed Earth to the reception area and he wasn't even surprised when the receptionist knew him considering his status in the society.

"Good afternoon, Sir Watthanasetsiri."

"Good afternoon. Two VIP rooms, please."

"He-hey. We can just share. No need for two rooms," he interrupted.

As much as he wanted to have his privacy, he knew that Earth wouldn't let him pay anything and given the exquisiteness of the resort, the room rates would be up the roof.

"Or I can just use a standard room. There's no need for a VIP one."

"Oh come on, New. Don't worry about anything. I've got you all covered, okay?"

"But, I-I don't wanna leech on you. I can pay for my own expenses."

Earth chuckled and tapped his shoulder.

"I was the one who dragged you into this, okay. So no need to stresa out. But are you fine sharing a room with me?"

He just nodded and smiled at him.