CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Achoooo!"
"Achoooo!"

Several pairs of eyes looked at him and Tay as they both sneezed at the same time.

His head felt slightly heavy and his nose clogged. He looked at Tay who was massaging his temples while aggressively rubbing his nose.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he looked at him.

Tay's face was reddish and his eyes droopy. He placed his palm on Tay's head and was shocked to know he was slightly hot.

"Hey, you have fever."

"It's okay. It's just slight headache."

"I think we should stay for another day. You can't travel on that condition."

"I'm okay. I can handle this. Besides I have to go back today. I have matters to take care of."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Don't worry."

"Okay, then I'll drive."

Tay just smiled timidly at him. He then grabbed their bags and loaded them to the car.

"New, are you sure you won't stay for another day?" his mom asked.

"It's okay mom. We still have a lot of things to take care of."

"Okay, message me if you've arrived."

New nodded and kissed her on the cheeks. Tay did too and smiled at her.

"Take care you two."

_______

Two cymbals clanging against each other—that was what his head felt like as he sat on the passenger seat.

He looked over at New who was behind the wheel and noticed how red his nose was.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked as he looked closely at his face.

"Yeah. You?"

"My head's just a bit painful."

New chuckled and looked at him.

"Then whose fault is this?"

Tay snickered, totally dismissing the accusation being thrown at him.

"Tsss. As if you didn't enjoy it," he replied and shifted on his seat.

"You should sleep. I'll just wake you up once we arrive."

"Nah, I'm okay. I can't let you be awake on your own."

"I'm a bit hungry. Let's grab some lunch first," New announced as he turned left to a nearby fastfood restaurant.

"You're always hungry though," Tay chuckled.

"Come on. You should eat too so you can take some medicine."

Several pairs of eyes watched the two of them as they entered the fastfood. Considering their visuals, it was a given that they would become headturners in an instant.

"What do you want?" New asked him as they approached the counter.

They were lucky for there were no customers lining up to order.

"I want the 2-piece chicken set," Tay responded as he scanned the menu board overhead.

"Miss, 2 orders of 2-piece chicken set with Coke for drinks and 2 large fries and 2 sundaes," New told the cashier.

"That would be 540 Baht sir."

Tay fished his wallet out of his pocket and handed his card to the cashier.