Chapter 6 - Breakdown and Breakout

After some time I realized that he probably wouldn't open the door. He must have known that it was me who rang the bell. I feel like I messed up things a lot and I've been only living here for one day. It can only get worse from here. I ran home as quickly as possible. Not because it slowly started to rain but because I didn't want to start crying in front of his door. At least in the rain nobody could see my tears.

Fortunately, I wasn't living too far away from his house so it didn't take too much time for me to get home.

When I entered my room, I started sobbing even harder and broke down for real this time. I turned on my favorite music. Some kind of music that always helped me out because it was so relatable to my mood. Choke me like you hate me but you love me lowkey wanna date me.

Everything about the lyrics made me think of George and the relationship we'll never have. He probably hated me. Why was I even thinking of a relationship with him? We talked once and streamed together – not that I'd remember much of it tho. This boy just made me completely crazy and his smile... I paused for a moment. His smile was something else. I hate me for drinking too much but in the end, if he doesn't like me at my embarrassing moments he doesn't deserve me at my best moments. I hate men they always disappoint you. I will never ever get into a relationship with one again.

I was happy that twitch con was about to happen very soon so I could focus on myself and my career. Who needs men anyway? I'm a strong and independent woman. Normally I would see George there but thanks to corona twitch con took place over zoom so I didn't have to worry about seeing him. I can just leave the call all the time as I did in Spanish class at university when our teacher wanted to do some group work.

Time flew by very fast and soon enough the day of twitch con finally arrived. Niki and I planned to go there together since we were living in the same apartment but twitch told us that we should be alone on camera. This made me even more nervous. I wasn't good with small talk so I was scared that I had to talk to someone I didn't know. And there would be a lot of people that I didn't know since I've started streaming recently. To feel more confident I colored my hair pink the day before. The back was fucked up a little bit but you couldn't see it on the cameras.

When I joined my first Zoom call for twitch con I immediately felt very out of place. Everyone had a perfect streaming background but since I only moved in with Niki recently my walls were pretty bare. Great. This would be so much fun and I definitely wouldn't need to turn off my camera to cry. I saw Niki at the bottom of my screen and wanted to wave to her until I realized how stupid that was and I couldn't stop my hand before I popped into the camera. I scrolled through the list of all members of the call and I realized that only girls were in this call. Apparently, it was some lifting woman up shit because there weren't enough women on twitch. The moderator was a cute girl with cat ear headphones who I hadn't seen before but she seemed pretty nice. While she was talking I started drifting off and stopped listening to her. Until I heard her say "And now we'll gonna put you in some breakout rooms."I started to panic and frantically searched for the 'leave' button. But it was too late. I already saw the joined breakout 5 screen and knew that I couldn't leave because that would be very rude. And weird. There was only one girl in the room. A pretty girl. A very pretty girl. And a very pretty bird?