Chapter 1 - Losing everything

"Ok, chat I'll see you in my next stream. By the way did you hear about the man who tried to catch fog?He mist. Haha. See you later alligator", I said and ended my first 24 hour stream ever. I was very tired and worn out but it was my special stream for reaching the milestone of 10k followers. Eventhough the only thing I wanted to do right now was going to bed and sleep for the next 24 hours, I decided to quickly check my e-mails. I had one new e-mail. I needed to read the whole mail twice because I couldn't believe what it was saying. Apparently, I was now a twitchpartner and therefore invited to visit twitch con. Wow, that was insane. I've always wanted to go to twitch con but this year it was a little bit different than the years before. Because of the corona pandemic, every big event had to be canceled so twitch decided to host twitch con online on zoom. Great. I fucking hate zoom. I obviously still wanted to go, it was a once in a lifetime chance, but my excitement was gone immediately. Tired and worn out, I fell asleep in front of my PC. The e-mail from twitch still in front of me.

I woke up to a very loud noise followed by my mom's voice.

"y/n, I told you to not fall asleep in front of the PC. That's unhealthy", she yelled.

"Good morning", I answered and yawned.

"You always sit there and play games all the time. You're 23 and still do nothing else than play Minecraft", she yelled on.

"But it's a great game. And I overcame my fears of caving in an actual cave. Yeah, I might be 23 but the monsters don't scare me anymore since I'm 22", I tried to calm her down.

"I've talked to your father and he also thinks that we gave you enough time to move out by yourself, so you can learn how to live on your own. AND you still haven't beat the Ender Dragon in Minecraft", she calmed down a little bit but I could tell by her look that she was still angry.

"Mom, I just got 10k followers I can make a living out of this."

"If you really think that, you should just move out! I don't want to hear your excuses anymore."

My mom stormed out and slammed the door. I could hear her crying but I was too perplex to do anything. I honestly didn't know what to do. I needed to talk to a friend, so I called Niki who I met a few months earlier when I raided her Minecraft stream.

Niki answered immediately when Ipinged her on discord.

Niki: Hey y/n, I'm streaming right now. What's up?

y/n: Oh sorry. I can call you when you're finished.

Niki: No, something is up. I can hear it in your voice.

y/n: Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it in front of your thousand viewers

Niki: You're probably right. But now my chat also wants to know what's up.

y/n: Honestly, it's a funny story. My mom just kicked me out"

Even if I wanted I couldn't hold back my tears. It was impossible that Niki overheard that.

Niki: Don't cry! But I get that you don't want to talk about this on stream. Sorry for forcing you to tell us. I really thought you just want to play with us.

I calmed down a little and my voice stopped cracking.

y/n: No problem. It's fine. Maybe you can build me a house in Minecraft where I can live lol

I left the discord and hoped that she'll stop streaming soon so we could talk more. I fell asleep and when I woke up again I had a message from Niki.

'Do you feel a little bit better? My chat had an even better idea than building you a house in Minecraft. You could just move in with me and Wilbur.'

___________________________________________________________

Authors note: Hello people who read this. This story is a project of me and my Twitch chat. We are writing it together and it makes a lot of fun. We haven't finished so you can always join us on twitch.tv/xal1na.

Next chapter coming soon.