Chapter 12 - And my heart stopped for a moment...

I opened my eyes slowly and wanted to fall asleep again. My head hurt again and I wanted to throw up. That was not from the alcohol though, I just remembered the weird conversation with George in the kitchen last night. Is it a good or bad thing when you think about a boy first thing in the morning? I forced myself to get up and went to the bathroom. When I saw my reflection in the mirror, I totally believed that George would hate me if he'd see me right now. I didn't look like my usual pretty e-girl self but more like an e-girl zombie. I definitely need some water which I probably wouldn't be able to drink ever again without thinking about his words. After I stumbled down the stairs to drink something and eat breakfast before I started to clean up after the party. I hoped that I was still DREAMing because a certain boy was sleeping on the couch and I would have to go through the living room to get to the kitchen. I pinch myself and realized that I was awake even more so now that I saw George again. But the hunger got the better part of me and I tried to calm down before I tiptoed to the kitchen. My heart was pumping and I hoped the sound would not wake him up. I got some cereals, milk in first because obviously, I'm not like the other girls, and tried to get back to the stairs without being noisy. When I reached the end of the room, I was so relieved that I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. My heart still racing. "You really think I didn't notice you trying to avoid me?", a familiar voice said behind me. I turned around and saw him popped up on his arm and smiling at me. And then everything turned dark.

When I woke up I heard a strange noise but it felt like it was far away. I opened my eyes slowly and carefully and looked around. Everything was white. "Am I in heaven?", I whispered loud enough for the other people in the room to hear me. I heard a chuckle and looked around.

 "She just had a panic attack and didn't drink enough water after consuming alcohol", the doctor said to another person that I could barely recognize because he was standing too far away for me to see without my contact lenses in my eyes. "You can stay here for a few hours and then you can go home", she said to me, wrote something down, and left the room. I was ashamed that I made her deal with my problems but I was even more ashamed because George brought me here. He now came closer and sat right next to the bed. "I was so scared that something serious happened to you", he said with his eyes full of tears. "Why were you scared for me? You don't really care about me. You don't even open your door for me". I knew I tried to push him away because I was scared that he was actually serious. He took my hand. I just realized that I wore one of those ugly hospital gowns but I stopped caring. Because he was there and he cared for me and deep down I felt a weird feeling that I have never felt before with anybody else in my life. Suddenly I remembered that I was in an online relationship with Tricia. I pulled my hand away from his. This was wrong but why did it feel so right?