Chapter 13 - hand holding (non sexual tho)

"Is everything alright", heasked worried. "Yes... No.. I'm sorry, I can't do this right now""Do what?" "This!" I jumped up and searched for my clothes inthe room and saw them on a chair right next to the window. And rightnext to George. I wanted to be as far away from him as possible but Ineed to get my clothes first. "Sorry", I said to him and pushedhim to the side to get my clothes. "What are you sorry for?", heanswered and I saw his eyes wander to the ground. I grabbed myclothes, turned bright red and ran to the bathroom. When I left thebathroom George thankfully had already left. Since the doctor said Icould leave I just wanted to go home. The lobby of the hospital waspretty empty and I was happy that no one saw my disheveled self. Ialready was embarrassed enough for the day and it only was 09:30 am.Outside of the main entrance I realized that I couldn't get homebecause I didn't even know how I came here and obviously didn't havea car. Before I could think about who I could call a black carstopped right in front of me and somebirdy opened the door from theinside. "Hop in, I'll take you home", George said. Most of thecar ride was silent, only when we were nearing our house, georgetried starting a conversation. "Y/n, previously, in the hospitalroom what did you mean by 'this'? What is it you can't do?" We werein a car and I couldn't not answer so I had to gibe him the truth.

"George... You know I'm in arelationship, right? With Tricia. Whatever it is you are trying tostart, it has to stay a friendship". The only thing Georgeresponded was a quiet sigh and an "Oh well, at least we can startagain? I think we didn't start on best terms"

I couldn't tell if he wasdisappointed or if he was happy that I acted like I didn't wantsomething from him. But I couldn't do that to Tricia. We had a veryspecial connection even though we never met in real life. It wascrazy how much of an impact some online person could have on me and Iwould never doubt our deep romantic connection if I wouldn't knowGeorge. So I just got out of the car. George drove of immediately.Maybe he was angry. I didn't know how I should interpret that.

The first thing I did when I camehome after reassuring Niki and Wilbur that I'm doing better, wastexting Tricia. She probably was worried because she called memultiple times last night. "Hey, I was in the hospital last night.Sorry I couldn't answer your call", I wrote. She immediately calledme and this time I picked up the phone. I told her that I was alrightand nothing bad had happened to me, and she seemed relieved aboutthat. I continued to tell her almost everything about what happenedthis morning, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to tellher that George held my hand. Tricia was completely understandingabout everything, including my doubts about George's motives. Wecontinued talking about other more usual stuff like we always did andI felt like my life was finally falling back into place andeverything could be alright this time for real. We ended the callwith our usual "I love you" and I really felt it.

After having lunch I got kind ofbored and I didn't feel like streaming today so I ended up watchingsome random streams. Then I saw a notification popping off. Georgejust went live. My heart ached for some very brief moment but somehowmy fingers clicked on the notification and I ended up watchingGeorge's stream. What did I do? Why did I reject him this morning?Why was I feeling close to Tricia when I wasn't with George butcloser to George when I wasn't with Tricia? My feelings wereconfusing me so much I decided to close the stream, but I suddenlyheard them start talking about asses. What was going on? I decided tolisten for a bit more.

"'Ello guys! I had such a weirdmorning today so I'm a bit tired. But I did see some nice ass, so itwas worth it. Non sexual tho, I think?", I heard George say.

"Yeah, true. Because you justheld hands", I heard dream laugh in the background. I was shocked.Did he just tell this on stream to all of the people watching them?Suddenly I felt sick. Then another notification popped up. Triciawrote me two words.

Fuck you.