Chapter 25

Fuyuhiko POV

Y/n... was killed... by Kazuichi... Kazuichi... is dead... Natsumi... Is dead... I told Peko to kill Mahiru... And... She's dead...

There's no one left for me. No one at all. I don't- I don't know what to do... I drink almost every night while I talk to Hajime on the beach. At first, Hajime was concerned because we're underage, but then, he started drinking with me.

I pull out my E-handbook. I look at my hope fragments. I go to Y/n's profile. Their picture is in black in white, and there's a stamp next to them that says she's dead. She's smiling in the picture. I miss them. I had all their hope fragments apparently.

Then I go to Kazuichi's. Apparently I had all his hope fragments too. I didn't even know... I miss him too.

Then I go to Peko's. My childhood friend. The one who saved my life and killed for me multiple times. She's gone.

They're all dead. Is it my fault? Probably, I could've not ordered Peko to kill Mahiru, I could've gone to the fight and stopped Kazuichi. There's so much I could've done... I could've prevented all of this.

"Don't blame yourself too much Fuyuhiko, Y/n wouldn't want you to," Hajime says before taking a sip of orange juice that I spiked with vodka for him.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"They're my cousin, how would I not?" he replies.

"You didn't seem close..." I say looking out at the sea.

"It may have not seemed that way, but when we were kids we were so close that you would've thought we were twins," he says.

"Really? I would have never thought..." I reply. I take a sip of my beer.

"I wonder why they even have alcohol, I mean, even so, Monokuma should've stopped us right? We are minors," I say, "I mean- I drink anyway, but still"

"Maybe he thinks that it's despair inducing or something," He says.

"Maybe it is, cheers," I say holding my can out to his cup. We tap them together and take a sip. He downs the rest of his drink in seconds. I take a small sip of the bitter drink. Then a big swig.

"Who knows who'll even die next... hell, it could be me," Hajime says.

"No, you wouldn't die, you're too important to the group, you're the only sane one," I laugh. I lay down on the sand and look up at the starry sky. It was on this very beach that I heard Y/n sing for the first time. God I miss them. I close my eyes.

Y/n's body, warmth leaving it, held in my arms. I barely remember the trial. I was... silent the whole time. I didn't even try... I just couldn't believe what was happening. Oh and Kazuichi... Kazuichi, what would I give to see his dorky grin again? What would I fucking give to turn back time and not see him get crushed between the gears of a machine during his execution. Peko... Peko... I can't express how sorry I am. I needed her. I would give everything to not see her get stabbed right on top of me again. I just... I wanna see them. I wanna see them all. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes. It's Hajime. I realize I was crying, but before I can pretend I'm fine Hajime pulls me into a big hug.

"I miss them too..." He whispers. But- he doesn't understand. He has Chiaki, Nagito, pretty much everyone here. But I... I only had Kazuichi, Peko and Y/n.

What the hell am I going to do?