Chapter 24

Y/n POV

"Hi Pekoyama-Sa-" I don't get to finish. Peko hugs me. She hugs me really tight.

"Pekoyama-San...?" I ask.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry L/n-San... I'm so so so so sorry..." She whispers into my ear.

"Wha- why..?" I ask.

"Because... I helped kill you..." she whispers.

"W-What?!" I exclaim.

"I love you... I love you so much... But I helped Kazuichi kill you... I can't let you tell them it was Kazuichi, please, don't tell anyone Y/n..." She says.

"P-Pekoyama-Chan... How do you expect me to never tell anyone?! I-I-I'm literally dying! It would make everything so much easier- wait... why would Kazuichi kill me?" I ask.

"Because, he loves Fuyuhiko," she says looking at the floor. I sigh.

"Peko-Chan... I don't- I don't know what to say..." I whisper.

"Can I have a request? I know I don't have any right to this... but... Can I hug you? Just for a little while?" she asks.

"Yes, of course," I say. She scoots closer to me and wraps her arms around me. I hug her back.

After about 5 minutes we stop hugging. Her face softens into a pained smile. I can see tears at the corners of her eyes. She nods in goodbye and walks out, her silver braids flowing behind her. Once she's gone Fuyuhiko walks in. I hear the Chime of nightime, with it I feel my consciousness fading away. Fuyuhiko grabs onto me.

"Y/N! DONT GO! HOLD ON! PLEASE..!" I hear fuyuhiko yell. I force my eyes open.

Fuyuhiko POV

The tears are streaming down my face. This can't- This can't be it...

"Idiot..." I mutter. Y/n looks straight at me. They hug me.

"I love you Fuyuhiko..." They whisper into my ear. 

"I- I love you too..." I mutter.

They sing just a little bit.

"I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone Honey, if you stay I'll be forgiven Nothing you can say can stop me going home. Can you see My eyes are shining bright..?"

I feel their body go limp in my arms.

The tears won't stop flowing down my face. That idiot- I can't believe their last words was a verse to an MCR song... But... Famous last words... Heheh... I guess it made sense to sing that... I- I can't believe it... They're gone...
they literally died in my arms...

I leave them to rest on their bed and walk out. I head to my cottage. I need a drink... Fuck... I can't fucking believe it... Y/n is gone... there was nothing I could fucking do... It's all my fault... If I had just been there...

I go out to rocketpunch market to get a drink.