Chapter 21

Y/N POV

"You would be the only one to ask," Fuyuhiko chuckles. I smile and get closer to him, and before I know it,

Our lips meet.

It's an amazing warm feeling that surges through my body, it ends too soon. The kiss leaves the taste of fried dough cookies on my lips. It kinda just tastes like regular cookies- I remember on the monopad it said it was his favorite food.

We sit in an awkward silence until I suggest.

"Wanna go to my cottage so I can rest there instead?" I ask. He nods and we try to leave. Apparently, walking isn't a thing anymore, which is weird because if I remember, I didn't get any damage to my legs. But there is a small place that's sore on my calve.

Fuyuhiko crouches down in front of me.

"Get on my back," He says.

"Aren't you too sho-" He cuts me off.

"Just shut the fuck up and get on!" He shouts. I let out a laugh and manage to get myself on his back. He manages to carry me all the way back to my dorm.

Peko POV

I slide out from under the bed the moment they're gone.

My heart hurts so much I feel like I'm going to collapse, I run into Kazuichi as I'm running to the beach.

"Souda-Kun!" I exclaim lurching backwards. i feel like he wants to say something, but instead he hugs me.

"I know... I know this hurts... Trust me, seeing them together hurts me too, I know it hurts more for you because she's dying but... I know that after she dies Fuyuhiko is gonna probably be pretty angry and sad and maybe spiral into a depressive state, and if I'm somehow found out and I die, I know he's going to spiral, so please, Peko, I'm asking this as a person who considers you a dear friend, please take care of him for me," Kazuichi says. I feel his tears drop on my back. I nod. But somehow... I get the feeling that This could be a lot worse than what Kazuichi is suggesting. I hope- I hope I'm wrong. God, I hope I'm wrong.

There's only three things I want in life,

1. For Young Master to be happy

2. For me to be with Y/n

3. For me to live a happy life.

That is all I could ever ask for, but I know it's not going to happen, because... Because Y/n, is Fuyuhiko's happiness. and when she dies, he won't be happy, and I will have failed my life's goals. But... At least once, I want to just hug Y/n and not let her go. Just once....