Chapter 8

Y/n POV

Silence. 

It's a funny word really. 

before I know it, maybe it's from earlier, but I pass out from exhaustion the moment I get back to my cottage.

I wake up in my room. No one is next to me. I roll over and hug my pillow. I don't plan to win this game. I haven't since it started earlier. It's still night. I look over at the clock on my wall. 2:00 am.

 I walk outside my cottage. I'll ask Hajime to fill me in on what happened in the morning. I take off my shoes and dip my feet in the pool. I look up at the sky. It's beautiful. The starts shining. It's to pretty for a night like this. A night with death looming just above our heads. I hold Nanny's heart shaped ruby pendant to the sky. She would have loved this. Not the game, but the sky. 

"L/n-San, why are you awake this late?" I hear a voice say, I turn around to find out that voice belongs to Peko Pekoyama.

"I woke up and came outside, why are you awake?" I ask.

"I was taking a walk. I couldn't sleep." She says.

"Oh..." I reply. There's silences for a few minutes,

"Hey, Pekoyama-San?" I ask.

"Yes?" She replies in her usual voice. 

"Do you know why Fuyuhiko is such an asshole?" I ask.

"No, why do you ask?" She replies.

"Dunno, I guess you two just see, like you would get along," I say looking out at the water. 

"Really..? Excuse me but, I do not think you could be more wrong, now, please excuse me, goodnight," Peko says as she turns around and walks away.

"...goodnight..." I mutter.

Why I'm the world is Fuyuhiko such an asshole?! Whatever, I'm not gonna think about it anymore.