Chapter 10

Y/N POV

I'm laying in my bed and reach for the pendant but- it's gone. I rush out of my bed. I almost trip on my way out of my cottage. I feel the tears rushing into my eyes. My visions blurry and I crash into Fuyuhiko on his way back to the cottages. I ignore him after we stare at each other for a second, then I run to the beach. I search through the sand. I need to find the pendant. 

Fuyuhiko POV

That idiot crashes into me again. Why does this keep happen- Wait... are they crying..? They quickly get up and run past me. I stare at the directions they were going for a second. I run after them. They must be looking for the pendant. But why were they crying? I run after them, but they run WAY faster than me. It must be because they're like- Peko's height. They probably have long legs- Finally i get to the beach. I see them digging holes. I hear them crying. I walk up to them. 

"L/n-San..?" I ask. They're usually so upbeat- this is kinda scary... I don't know why, but I hate seeing them like this. 

"Go away Kuzuryu-San!" They yell at me tears running down their face. 

"Just... Just tell me what you're looking for, I'll help you find it," I say. They clench their eyes closed, then they let out a shaky sigh. 

"I'm looking for my pendant... It was my late Nanny's... It's the last thing I have of her... She's the only one who cared for me like a parent," They say. I didn't know... that this thing I have in my hand... meant so much. I nod and start looking. I'll put it somewhere they'll find it. I don't wanna seem like more of an asshole than I already do. They probably could have found it quickly if I had just left it where it was. Fuck- why do I feel so bad about this?I leave it by the I rock I hid by earlier. 

"H-Hey! L/n-San, why don't you check behind the rock! I'll check by the water!" I ask once I'm near the beach. I pull up my pant legs and search the water even though I know exactly where it is. I hear a Shriek. I run over to the rock. They're crying again, but now they're smiling. 

"L/n-San..?" I ask.

"I-I I found it! I actually found it!" I realize they're crying tears of relief and happiness. I don't know why, but I hug them. 

"S-so... the Yakuza has a soft side huh?" They ask in a snarky tone. Their voice is still shaky. 

"Shut up," I say. They let out a shaky laugh. We walk back to the cottages. 

"Thank you, Kuzuryu-San," They say. 

"Don't worry about it, and just call me Fuyuhiko," I sa- wait what did I just say?! 

"O-Okay Fuyuhiko-kun..." They say. Goddamn it. What the fuck did I just do.

"You can call me Y/n too!" They exclaim. 

"Okay Y/n-Chan," I say grumpily. They smile at me. Their smile is really... nice... like... I feel all warm inside when I see it- WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!

"Well, I'm gonna head to bed! See ya Fuyuhiko-kun!" They say. They turn around and head into their Cottage. I walk over to mine. I crash onto my bed. 

"What the fuck is wrong with me..? Why do I feel this way..?" I say. 

"You're probably in love," I look over to see Peko next to my bathroom door.

"Wait- how-" I ask.

"I was supposed to come talk to you an hour ago. I was surprised to see you run off after L/n," She says. Shadows are covering the top of her face in this dark room.

"Oh, yeah... they lost their pendant," I say. 

"I know, but... Young Master, you can't fall in love, your parents..." Peko says. 

"I know, and I'm not in love, they're an idiot," I say. 

"Whatever you say Young Master," She says pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose.