Chapter 22

(Picture by Ab-Anna on Deviant art)
Fuyuhiko POV

It's already the next day, I ended up sleeping next to Y/n cause I didn't trust them alone and they had a fuck ton of their stuff on their couch.

I wake up first. I look over at Y/n. They're bundled up in blankets. They look slightly paler than normal, but they experienced a lot of blood loss yesterday. I kiss their forehead. They startsto stir and I back away. I now realize that since I slept in my button up a bunch of the buttons fell off- I mean, I've always been a very mobile sleeper- but-

"Fuyuhiko-kun?" I hear Y/n's voice from behind me. I whip around and their face turns bright red. They retreat under the covers. I'm confused and then I realize.

"Fuck-" I mutter.

I have two options, One, either take my shirt completely off, which would make us both uncomfortable- or-

I feel a hug from behind before I can finish my thought.

"Y-Y/n?!" I exclaim.

"I guess there's nothing you can do about it- you might aswell take it off until you go back to your cottage," Y/n says slowly pulling off my shirt.

"W-Wait-!" I exclaim. But my shirt is already off.

Y/n POV

I take off Fuyuhiko's shirt. as the white sheet falls off his back it reveals an elaborate dragon tattoo, and over this tattoo and pretty much everywhere on his body, are numerous scars.

"I... I didn't want you to see that..." He says. I hug him again. I feel him stiffen in shock.

"I think it's pretty..." I say.

"You don't have one, but if your father had raised you within the syndicate, you would..." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, It's given to each heir of a yakuza clan, as far as I know, there may be some that don't, but, mine does, I got this when I was ten, it was painful... really, really painful..." He says. I nuzzle my face into his back.

"I'm sorry- but that's not what I meant-" I say.

"What?" Fuyuhiko asks. I pull up my sleeve. I don't know how he didn't notice it before, but there's a large nine tailed fox tattoo on my arm. It looks like it's leaping down, it's tails flowing behind it.

"I got it when I was ten," I explain.

"But I'm still sorry you had to go through that... Your's is a lot more elaborate than mine and probably hurt much more," I say.

"Don't be, it's not your fault,"

"I'm still sorry,"

"Gosh, you're always like this-"

"Hehe, isn't that why you love me?"

"Yeah... I love you cause you're smart, you're funny, you're sweet," Fuyuhiko says quietly with a small smile.

"I love you because... You're you," I say with a closed eyed smile.

"Wow, didn't see that coming," Fuyuhiko laughs.

"Well Mr. Yakuza, You may be shorter than me, but I love you, hell I could pick you up if I wanted to," I say with a chuckle.

"No." He says sternly.

"Yes," I reply in a bubbly manner.

"No."

"Yes,"

And we went back and forth like that for a long time. We shared our pasts, happy times, sad times, but... We didn't know what would come the next day.