CHAPTER TEN

PREETI POV

 Since it was a sunday morning, I got up a bit late. Sundays I prefer being a lazy ass. I prepared a heavy breakfast today, for me and and some masala oats for my mom. on sundays, i allow my mom to have cheat day. After all she is a human, one cant survive on floavourless food everyday. Her health doesn't allow her to have but the doctor had told once a week is ok, so I show a little lineancy with mom on sunday.

I go to uncle Paul’s bakery on every sunday mornings. He asked me to help him clean his bakery every sunday mornings for him. Since he was old and couldn’t do it all alone by himself.

He would pay me 500 rupees for helping him clean it. I  had my breakfast with my mom, on sundays only I get a chance to have breakfast with mom as she gets up late and I have to leave early in the morning.

After some times,I left for his bakery. It was just two blocks away from my house.

He opened his bakery door for me, and I and him together started cleaning his bakery.

First I started with the oven’s in his bakery. He used to guide me and I followed his instructions,now  I can do it own my own.

He on the other hand was also working along with me side by side. He would also share with me his memories of his late wife, how she would help with the cleaning and he would do the baking, He shared with me his love story,  how he fell for her, when.she had come for the first time in his bakery to buy his famous muffin. He was mesmerized by her and it was live at first sight for him and how he had tried hard to convince her father. A typical Badrinath ki dulhania story it was.

Then together we started with the shelves. He removed the trays and placed in the sink. I washed them and then I cleaned the shelves for him. After that I mopped, scrubbed and broomed the entire place. His bakery shine from.every corner and we proudly looked up at our hard work and effort. After some 2 hours we finally completed with the cleaning. And now his bakery looked really clean and tidy.

 He gave me my 500 for the day as well as the cupcakes he baked specially for me, this morning at his home. They were my favorite once. I ate some and took the rest for my mom. She also admires them.

Since I had no work till 4 in the afternoon, so I decided to rest and go through my wattpad and browse,  the books of .y favorite author. I am avid reader, I love romance and thriller stories. They fascinate me. though I  am liver if romantic novels but at the back of my head I always know that this just fiction and not reality. There is no prince charming anywhere waiting for his Cinderella, the Cinderella has to move her ass tibget what she wants.

I was reading through a book which I didn't find interesting, so I closed my app. I was thinking about what Mr Prakash said about acting on ads.

As usual me being me was analyzing the benefits and drawbacks,finally after considering all the factors,  I gave in and decided to give him a call.

I searched for his card in my  bag, but I think I had lost it .

so very irresponsible of me.

Now how can I contact him?

I kept on thinking, then I remembered Ruby might have his number, so i called her. She picked up the phone on the second ring.

“Hey, sweetie everything alright,  is Supriya fine? “ she asked with concern in her voice about my mom

“ Yaa, yaa chill , everything is fine, nothing to worry about,  I called you to ask you that, if you have , matlab mr Prakashs number by any chance,  he  gave me his card but l think I lost it somewhere.” I asked her, nervously fidgeting with my hair strand.

“Yes, I will WhatsApp you.”she  replied back, without asking any questions.

This was odd , I mean I’m glad she didn’t ask because I didn’t had an answer now but knowing Ruby,  how inquisitive she is, its quite odd she didn’t ask me anything. Maybe mr  Prakash might have told her about him offering me to do ads.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY,  I WAS BUSY IN SOME FAMILY FUNCTION.

HOPE YIU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER