CHAPTER SEVEN

Jaspreet pov

I could hardly get any sleep all night. It was only her voice that I could hear in my head, the way she called me BUNBUN. The way she looked at me, the annoyance on her face when things sont go as per her plans, the way she fidgets with her dress when she is nervous, her smile, her hair and everything about her.

Finally after all my attempts to sleep failed ,I decided to wake up. It was only 5 in the morning and practice is at 7 so I decided to take a quick shower to ease myself. I made myself a coffee and headed to the gym area in my house, to divert my mind. maybe doing things I like would help me forget her.

I cant figure out what it was about her and  her voice that is making me so crazy.

I left my room and went towards the gym, on my way I saw my mom doing her morning puja she was staying with me in this lockdown,  most probably stuck with me by the sudden lockdown, she stays with my sister and brother in law in my hometown and hates city life. but I was glad she got stuck with me, I got to spend some amazing time with her.since she was busy I didn’t disturb her and headed directly towards the gym.

Whenever I step in my gym, I always remembered the time in my life where getting a gym subscription was also tough for me but now I have my very own fucking gym at my home!

After doing vigorous excercise an hour and tiring myself completely, I headed for shower again, the hot water soothed my muscles and I found myself relaxing , the more I have been trying to forget her, the more I she would evade my mind and thoughs.

"Damn, this girl and her voice!"

It was just her in my thoughts, I have to get her out of my head as soon as possible because we will be soon heading to UAE for our matches and this is the only little time left for practice after a long  break owing to the pandemic. I just cant keep thinking about her. I would have to find something to distract myself.

After  a long shower , I  grabbed my smoothie from my moms hand, giving her a goodbye kiss on her forehead and taking her blessings I went to the ground.

“Duh.” I exclaimed in frustration.I was late all because of that  girl.

“ You're late.” My coach remarked eyeing his watch.

“ 5 rounds of the ground. Rule is a Rule and cricket is a game of discipline, get going Bumrah.” He said strictly.

“But sir..” I tried to reason out. But he interrupted saying  “You have only 20 minutes to complete the round or else you can leave.” He ordered in an authoritative voice and turned towards the other players giving them instructions. And those jerks, my so called team mates laughed at my situation.

“Next , it might be you.” I mouthed showing them my middle finger and went on my rounds.

After 19 minutes 30 sec I completed my 5 rounds and headed towards coach.

“Done sir.” I said proudly.

“Okay ,stop wasting time and get back over there  with Rohit and practice.” He dismissed me,without even acknowledging I’m 30 seconds early. 

"Why cant he be the same guy when he parties around after we win a match?" I mumbled to myself.

I went towards Rohit my friend, and our team captain. I nudged his waist, “haa, man you found it really funny when he mad me do the rounds. I could  see your teeth fall out your jaws.” I mocked him funnily.

“Dude, your elbows are really pointy, it hurts.” He exclaimed dramatically,acting as if he really  got hurt.

“By the way what made you late or was it that girl.” He asked cheekily pointing towards our new physiotherapist.

Yes, I did find her interesting at first and went on a drive with her but I really got bored, she just too full of herself and doesn't has the charm I was looking for.She wasn't even like that girl.

That girl again “Ugh.” I exclaimed in frustration surprising  Rohit at the same time.

“Dude, are you alright.” He asked with concern.

“ Yaa, just couldn’t sleep at night.” Because of that girl and her cute voice saying the remaining half to myself.

“ oh, okay.” He said hitting my shoulder and we started practicing.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. ACTUALLY TO BE HONEST I HAVE SET A DEADLINE FOR MYSELF SO ONCE I COMPLETE THAT THEN ONLY I POST.

I WILL TRY TO FINISH IT FAST THOUGH BUT CANT PROMISE.

BUT A WEEKLY UPDATE IS DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN SO DON'T WORRY.

ANYWAYS ENOUGH OF MY BLABBERING.

HOW DID YOU FIND THIS CHAPTER SO FAR?

DO YOU GUYS LIKE THE GRUMPY SIDE OF BUMRAH?

CAPTAIN ROHIT HAS MADE A DEBU IN THE STORY,  SO HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HIS ENTRY ?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT BELOW.

XOXO