CHAPTER TWENTY

Preeti POV

Oh my gosh ! He caught me checking him out. As  I was literally gawking at him.  Who could resist this handsome guy!He has the most gorgeous smile. I looked away in embarrassment and fidgeted with my dress fabric,  a way to hide my embarrassment.

what mess I have become. My inside is feeling something weird, I shouldn't have agreed to sit with him, whenever he is around I cant think straight.

“So what do u want to say.” I finally blurted out crossing my hands in front of me, to show some confidence in front of him. I just want to get over with whatever he has got to say,so that it over once and for all. I really need some peace.

He looked at me and then turned his head towards the steering wheel. He stayed like that for sometime. Maybe gathering his thoughts.

After a long pause he  finally said, “I’m sorry for being a jerk, Its just that you are different,  you know I’m kind of famous and a decorated bowler yet you didn’t give me the attention which normally other girls give me. Actually they almost throw themselves on me. You know Im so hot, anyways so what i was saying that,  you had hurt my ego and I blurted out that shit. I’m  sorry about the things I told you, let's start anew. Can we be friends like you and I. Honestly I don’t like when girls fall on me,I though you would be the same and I will have to bear the trolls of link up in social media, had u uploaded our pic on social sites after an add,but you are different, very different,  you didn't do any such things, and I just created my silly version of you and blasted on you. so what do you say can we be friends?”

I just stared at him for sometime trying to grasp exactly all the things that he just blurted out. He wants to be my friend and  why so, probably we wont be meeting again? And why me oy? Moreover just hours before he accused me.

In such circumstances I normally don’t know how to react or speak so  I kept quiet trying to analyze what is just happening. He waited for me to say something but since I didn’t so he didn’t push it more.

He silently drove the car whistling a soft tune.

“So where do you want me to drop you, address please ?” he finally asked to end this awkward conversation. I was glad he didn’t bring it up again and I  quickly gave him my address.  After typing it in his car GPS we start off in the direction of my home. He started his car radio, it was playing some soft music, it kind of gave a  sweet relaxing feel. I stared outside the window, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

“do you always travel alone?”  he asked breaking the silence.

“Yes, normally before I  would go by bus, but after lockdown and stuff, Ruby would drop me home."  I replied.

"Ruby, who is she and what happened today, that you are going alone?" he asked further inquiring

" She is my employer,  I work for her, in her cafe. But today she had to go early because of some emergency,  so I had to travel alone.” I replied back

“oh” he hummed.

And the rest of the drive was in silence. I was glad he didn’t ask much. I was already nervous and his interrogation wasn't helping either. In no time we reached our locality, and  he dropped me near my place.

“So are we friends? by the way, i m,Jaspreet Bumrah  you know my name, at least tell yours, so that I know my new friends name.” he teased me.

"Wait wait, I guess the coffe girl would sound more nice,it also has a nice ring to it. what do u say?" he asked in an innocent way.

“Thanks for the lift, by the way my name is Preeti ,and I wasn’t aware who you are cause I don’t watch cricket, and one more thing we aren’t friends and not coffee girl either ” I said annoyed by his silly  name he kept for me. I walked out of his car, closing his car door with a huge sarcastic smile on my face.

“ Ok so what about my apology?” he asked me  from inside his car stopping me in my tracks.

“Apology is  accepted.” I said quickly and turned my back on him and nearly ran inside  my building.

I stood in the entrance of my building for sometime to calm my nerves to settle my growing heartbeat. what is with him, that I'm acting so weirdly. He is just a guy.

Not just a guy, someone who is showing interest in you. my inner voice warned me .

AUTHOR'S NOTE

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE A LOT

LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.