11

Weeks have passed by, February was here, Valentine's day was just tomorrow

Weeks have passed by, February was here, Valentine's day was just tomorrow. Chloe ran around the outside of the Palace trying to do last minute touches before their catwalk the next night. Men were setting up the stage, some of her employees from her apartment building and some others from the Empire were sending out invitations with gifts, Dorota and Margaret had a crew of their own minions setting up decorations. It was hectic, but God did Chloe love it. She's missed the feeling of working, of having chaotic days every day.

"YOU'RE SLEEPING WITH MY ENEMY?" And there the joy had went away, seconds after Chuck had admitted his little fling with Raina Thorpe.

"Keep your voice down Chloe Dawn." Chuck smiled at the pedestrians who were staring. "At first it was just business, to save at least one of our buildings bought by Bass Industry. But then..." Chloe could see him practically daydreaming; which made her smack his chest, and made Charli, who was in his stroller, giggle at them. "At least someone finds this amusing."

"Charles you know how big of a competition she is to me. If you bring her tonight people are gonna think I'm weak, at my OWN event." This had all started because her brother asked if he could bring Raina as his plus one tomorrow night. "Besides I don't trust her, the minute she steps foot in this event, I guarantee something will go wrong." The two didn't notice Nate walking on to the Palace grounds. He had just came back from doing errands for Chloe.

"Everything alright?" Nate picked up Charli from his stroller, he cuddled into his dad and tried to eat the button from his coat.

"Chlo just try to catch what I'm throwing," Chuck pushed the clipboard that was in Chloe's hands down so she could pay attention to him. "I know it might be weird with Raina and I, we want to make it official and we thought your event would be a good place to do it at, publicity will eat it up. They'll think your fashion show would've been the cause of the new and upcoming it couple, win/win." Chloe sighs, going to look at her clipboard again but he does the same thing. "I also made a deal with Russel Thorpe. If I can show him that the Bass family has an audience, connections, that we have equity, then when he buys Bass Industry's he'll let us continue to run it our way, just under his name." Chloe looked to Nate, he agreed with everything Chuck was saying. "Besides you're letting Ben come with Serena, an ex con who is breaking our family up."

"Ben isn't my arch nemesis." Chloe spat, but calmed down. "Fine, I'll put her on the list. But don't expect me to have a conversation with her. Also I'm not gonna be the one to tell Blair." Blair has been beyond stressed, after her boss quit The W, Blair then took her place. Running around like crazy to get hundreds of things done by the end of her work shift.

"What does Blair have to do with this?" Chloe squinted her eyes at her stupid brother.

"She thinks this is all fake Charles. You better tell her that you're actually falling for Raina."

Chloe lied in bed that night ranting Nate's ear off, angry that her brother would cross her like that. Even Charli sighed after 30 minutes of Chloe thinking of possibilities that could happen when Raina and her father take place. Nate felt like he was going crazy, he put his hand over Chloe's mouth tightly. Charli laughs, clapping. Charli was finally growing in his little baby teeth, he also knew how to sit up all by himself and crawl around without getting tired.