17

Chloe, Blair and Serena all had breakfast together talking about the colors they want for the Debutante ball

Chloe, Blair and Serena all had breakfast together talking about the colors they want for the Debutante ball. Blair would be doing a silver, while Serena did gold and Chloe would be doing a red. The Basses signature color, other than purple. As they were walking and talking, Chloe couldn't help but think about Nate. He hasn't asked her or even talked to her about the ball. Jai hadn't asked her either, but she knew he was going to.

"You know, I'm actually glad I'm going with Prince Theodore instead of Nate. The further we get from the break up the more self involved I see he was." Blair scoffed, Chloe kept her mouth shut. She didn't know whether she should tell her or not, that she very much wanted to start something with him soon. "Always so bruiting, so tortured. Ugh! A girl wants Romeo not Hamlet." She rolled her eyes.

"Romeo died." Serena chuckles, Chloe giggled. The three continued to talk about everything, until they ran into Jai. Chloe jumps up and hugs him, he kisses he cheek and holds her close, chuckling. He sees hello to the other two girls and they both smiled happily for the youngest Bass.

"I actually have some bad news, I've been meaning to find you." Chloe frowned. "I can't make it to the ball, I have to do some business in Australia." Chloe sighed.

"Booo! Come on you HAVE to make it." Serena says, seeing how upset it made Chloe.

"This is like a wedding." Blair said, holding Chloe. "You are guaranteed to be her husband after this." Jai chuckled and looked at Chloe who wasn't amused.

"For how long?" Was all she said.

"Until next school year." Jai sighed, holding her face. Chloe knew it was too good to be true. He kissed her forehead gently. "But you'll be out there for the summer, interning and I'll be with you every night." Chloe only nods. Serena's heart broke for her. No date for her own Debutante ball? Unless...Nate?

"I'll see you later." Chloe said, before walking away. They all watched after her.

"Watch over her please. She means a lot to me." Was all Jai said before walking the opposite way.

An hour later they were all rehearsing in the dance room for the cotillion. Everybody noticed that Chloe wasn't herself. Usually, she's excited to dance, but once she got into the room she wanted to rip everything apart. She didn't want to go anymore but she knows her father would surely make her. He never wanted his family to look bad. Lily had paired her up with some random guy, Chloe didn't speak once to him. He kept messing up a very easy 8 count and it was pissing the girl off. Nate caught her eye, only to find him staring at Blair. Something to piss her off even more. How could she be so foolish? She finds a guy who is actually perfect for her, he's moving for a long time. She has a guy who says he's in love with her, but of course he lied and actually still wants her best friend. She can't blame him, Blair is beautiful. She's queen. Chloe doesn't compare.

Once rehearsals were over she left immediately, when she gets home she smells a familiar scent that made something off.

"Father!" Chloe called out, no answer. She walks into the living and sees her father on the couch and another man across, his back to Chloe. Chloe sighs,
"I've had the worst da-" she cuts herself off when the man turns around.

Carter

"W-what are you doing here?" Chloe chokes, Carter smiles and tries to walk up to her but she backs away quickly. Her father only watches. "Dad what the hell?"

"I'm only here to make amends." Carter speaks softly, Chloe's eyes tear up.

"Dad how could you do this?!" This was probably the most loud Chloe had spoken in a decade. Her brother and her have always been soft spoken. Never been one to raise their voices.

"Calm down Chloe." He said sternly. "I told him, if he even thought about doing anything like that again he's done." Chloe shook her head, not believing any of this. Margaret was in the corner, waiting for an order for Bart. She apologizes with her eyes, not being able to do anything. "He told me he'd be glad to take you to the ball. All he needs is your colors."

"Fuck. No." Chloe grits her teeth together.

"You wanna be sent to Australia again? This time I won't bring you back." Bart had no emotion on his face. A little secret, Bart forced her to go to Australia. He forced her to intern at Bass Ind. She never wanted to go in the first place. "You may go to her room and talk about things." Bart says to Carter. She so badly wanted to wake up from this nightmare but it was all real. She couldn't believe her own father would put her in the same room as a monster. Her father is a monster. Chloe walks to her room, not saying another word. She hears Carter follow quickly. She gets into her room, sitting on the bed and taking her shoes off. Carter was going to close the door,

"Do not." Chloe spat out, Carter holds his hands up in surrender.

"Listen Chloe. I am so sorry for all that I've done to you. Hurting you was never my intention. I was doing drugs, who knows which ones, every night, and I just wanted someone to love me. Nobody else did, I wanted so badly for you to love me." He explains, Chloe still trying to process the fact that a monster is talking to her. She couldn't even look him in the eyes. "After I left, and sobered up I almost killed myself. I couldn't believe I had did such thing to you." He's only saying that to manipulate you. Don't believe him. Chloe didn't know what to believe.

Everybody knows Chloe had a really good heart, she never held grudges but with him she had to. He had took such a precious thing away from her. He made her flinch, with every encounter she's ever had with a boy. He ruined her life, but she couldn't act out. That would mean she would put her family in danger. She was stupid to believe she could trust her dad.

Carter kneels down to her knees, since she was sitting. He grabs her hand, she was too scared and confused to pull away. Silent tears fall from her face, he kisses the top of her hand.

"Will you let me escort you at the ball?"

J here! Just remember guys, it's only a story and a fan fiction. None of this is real and I don't speak from experience. This is all only for the story. Please if this has ever happened to you, speak up. Trust the people around you, they love you! I love you! There are so many ways people want to help you, please take their hand.