6

Chloe strutted into the place with Charli on her hip, everyone quickly made way for her to walk by, all smiling and greeting she and Charli

Chloe strutted into the place with Charli on her hip, everyone quickly made way for her to walk by, all smiling and greeting she and Charli. She smiles politely at them as she gives the front desk her phone. Tonight's event was a no phone kind of night so nothing got leaked about the clothing. Charli looks at all the cool lights with amazement in his eyes. Chloe smiles at him, admiring how beautiful her son was.

"Papa!" Charli reaches for Nate that was walking over, Nate smiles widely, taking his son and holding him high in the air before resting him on his hip, kissing Chloe.

"I wanna talk to you about something tonight. Something important." Chloe fixed his tie, not having the courage to look him in the eyes.

"How'd you find out?" Nate asks shocked, "I was going to tell you, I promise I was. I-I just thought it would make things worse-"

"Huh?" Chloe furrowed her eyebrows, Nate's face turns pale. Diana can be seen behind them with a smirk on her face. She couldn't hear them but she hoped he was confessing everything to her about the incident in her office, she wanted Chloe to confront her. She wanted to see Chloe act out of character in public, so she can rip her to shreds in the Spectator. She would blame it all on Nate, even though he didn't even look at her. She would do anything to see her riled up.

"Wait...what are you talking about?" He asks, rubbing his forehead. Before she could answer Diana walks up to the couple. Chloe smiles widely, which confused her but she kept her composure.

"You must be Ms.Payne! It's so good to finally meet you, I've been hearing that the Spectators going to be a huge hit now that you're running it. I'm lucky Nate gets to work so close with you. Thank you for this opportunity." Chloe shook her hand, Diana smiles as well. She wasn't expecting Chloe to be so nice or professional.

"Well Nate here is a hard worker! You should call yourself lucky. Oh! Your first task is right over there Nate, you should get going." Chloe kisses him before taking Charli and walking away so he could do his job. He glares at Diana before walking over to the Congressman. Chloe watches from afar with a smile, only for it to fall slowly when she realizes the couple began fighting in front of him. The woman walked away angrily and the man yelled at Nate. Chloe was going to make her way over but Nate walked away, grabbing Diana away from everyone to talk. Chloe focused on the show, smiling at all the pretty models and dresses. She gave a weird look once she realized Charlie was there modeling, I guess Serena forgot to mention to her that she was back in town? Chloe squealed as she ran to Lily and Rufus, tonight was Lily's first night out after 5 months of house arrest. They hug tightly, Lily taking Charli and holding him closely. Chloe cheers once Blair gets on stage, and laughs when Dan takes her escorts place but she sees the two fighting and Blair pushes him, making Chloe sigh. When will they stop pushing each other in large gatherings?

Nate yelled at Diana, embarrassed that she made him ruin a marriage. He felt horrible, but Diana revealed her real plan for the Spectator. And that was to be what Gossip Girl wasn't. She wanted everyone's true dirt, not just rumors like Gossip Girl has done. She wanted hard proof before publishing everyone's dirty secrets. The Spectator would be the number 1 hated and the number 1 most ready articles in all of New York. Nate sighed, not wanting to be apart of any of it. He's never been one to cause drama, or to tell anyone else's business. He's never once sent in a Gossip Girl blast, why would he be okay with this? He tunes Diana's voice out, his eyes focusing on Chloe and Charli who were dancing to the music while everyone around them talked. Chloe laughed, Charli smiled. He believes Chloe would be so upset if he quit, he saw how happy she was when she saw him working. Diana pushes him to grab the phones that we're away from the guest, he sighs giving in. He rushes over, opening the drawer full of phones, only putting away Dan, Blair and Chloe's phone. Except Chloe's phone buzzed, he checked it seeing a confirmation email for an ultrasound from her doctor? Why would she need an ultrasound-oh my fucking gosh.

Chloe was talking to Lily, Rufus, Charlie and Carol. After their little fight they seemed to be okay, Carol met Charli for the first time tonight and she absolutely adored him. Nate charged his way to his wife, taking her hand and dragging her away. Chloe laughs awkwardly, apologizing to her family and leaving Charli with Lily before Nate fully took her away.

"Nate what the hell is wrong with you? We're in public. If you need you to talk you ask." Chloe rubbed her hand from where he grabbed.

"Are you pregnant?" He could see her soul leave her body. "Chloe Dawn are you fucking pregnant?" Diana was watching from around the corner, video taping the whole thing and smirking to herself.

"I-I was gonna tell you." He sighs angrily, throwing his hands in the air and shifting his weight. "Nathaniel I swear. I was going to tell you tonight...I-I was just so scared. I just hate seeing you give your life up because of me-"

"I WOULD GIVE EVERYTHING UP FOR YOU." He yells. Everyone looks their way, Chloe's breathing picked up and tears pricked her eyes. "I don't give a fuck what it is, I would give it up. For you. For my kids. For this." He points between the two of them, his breathing still heavy as he tried to calm down. He didn't care who was watching anymore. "How dare you try and keep something like this from me." Charli watched his parents confused, he whined in Lily's arms, wanting to go to them. "Get Charli, and go home. We'll talk about this when I get back." Chloe said nothing else, made her way to Charli quickly and ran them out of the door. Nate's nostrils flared as he looked to everyone. "SHOWS OVER YOU IDIOTS." Diana walks to him slowly as everyone piles out of the place, clapping slowly as well.

"Good work today Nate. New York will eat this up when they realize Chloe is nothing but a little girl and not a business woman." Nate snatched the phone out of her hand, slamming it on the floor and stepping on it. He grabs the sim card, putting it in his pocket. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"If you ever try and publish anything about me or my wife, I will take you down myself. I took the honor of going through your computer while you were gone from the office and let's just say you trust your computer too much." He fixed his suit, standing tall. "You will not get in the middle of Chloe and I. Like I said, I would give everything up for her. The minute I quit you have no one. So I would start thinking shit through if I were you."

Golden boy hot and bothered? Looks like our little Chlobird learned a thing or two from him. Lying to your own husband C? Oh I'd be behind pissed too. But for better or for worse right? This definitely was the worse she's ever done. Better watch out for Mommy Payne Chloe, she's waiting to take your spot. And you know your husband has mommy issues? ;))
You know you love me.
XOXO
Gossip Girl