3

After a stressful day of dance classes, Chloe lied in her bathtub, with a face mask on and Nate at the end of her tub, rubbing her feet.

"I'm so stressed, I don't even think we should be moving right now." Chloe sighed, throwing a cherry in her mouth.

"We can do whatever you feel like doing C, no need to rush for anything. Your brother will understand, plus if we're gonna put a little baby in there-" he points to her belly but Chloe cuts him off.

"Nathaniel I really hope you're joking." Nate chuckles, he's been teasing her all week about a family. Though she loves talking about it with him, when she really thought about it, it scared everything out of her. "I have too much work to worry about right now, and school! Don't even get me started on school." She eats the cucumbers that were on her eyes, Nate tried very hard to take her serious but couldn't help and find her so adorable as she ranted. Chloe had been learning how to time manage between college and her business, soon she would be starting a fashion line as well. College was nothing like high school that was for sure. Margaret knocked on the bathroom, making the two look at the closed door.

"Sorry to bother Chloe, but you have a visitor downstairs waiting for you." Chloe sighed, she felt that she and Nate barely got to spend any time together recently, their schedules were so different. She also noticed Nate was always out or always on his phone whenever he had free time, but she didn't mind as long as he were happy. Nate held open Chloe's robe for her as she finished drying off, and taking the face mask off.

"I'll never get tired of seeing that body." He smacked her butt making her giggle, the two head downstairs, Chloe groaning quietly once she sees Serena in her kitchen.

"Chlo! I haven't seen you since your birthday party...how have you been?" Serena smiles, guilt eating her. As dumb as Serena played, she knew why Chloe hadn't seen her since then. She knew Chloe wasn't going to go easy on her. She felt like a hypocrite, and the talk Serena and Blair had earlier, made Serena realize. Blair did the same exact thing to Chloe, Chloe would think she would learn from someone.

"Let's not play nice S." Chloe hadn't been this cold to Serena since the first day Serena came back, in junior year. Nate made two sandwiches as the girls went back and forth. He watched Chloe's anger rise and rise, her voice growing louder, and if anybody knew the Bass's they knew they never raised their voices. He texted away on his phone to distract himself from the two girls, but who could he possibly be texting right now?

"C I'm sorry okay! He just makes me feel really good about myself, and he believes in me!" Serena tries to defend him.

"Have you noticed some kind of theme now?! So every guy that "believes in you", you're gonna date? Serena I believe in you. We all believe in you, whether you go to college or not. Why should I care that he makes you feel good when he made my life a living hell." Chloe scoffed, she was right. Everybody in that room knew she were right. Yet that didn't stop Serena from feeling any different about Carter. "He'll never change S. There will always be something that pops up with him. He'll run away, then you'll see how it was like for me in Australia. You'll see a smidge of what I felt. And for your own sanity, I hope you realize it before it's too late." Serena left with her head down.

Woah, check out what I just got sent. Serena leaving Chloe's with her tail in between her legs. Come on S, did you really think Chloe would let you come back with open arms after being seen with Carter and openly throwing your disgusting relationship with him around? At least B learned how to get class and taste. Get a grip on your life S, not that you really have one anymore anyways.
- Gossip Girl

Chloe groaned, sliding her phone across the kitchen island and laying her head down on the cold top. Nate broke a piece of his sandwich off, feeding it to her. She chewed with an angry look on her face.