16

"Charles...our mother is dead." Chloe was sat up in her bed, Chuck sitting next to her and handing her a necklace of a locket that had a picture of their father in it. The same night Chloe was in the hospital, Chuck had visited their fathers grave for the both of them, and he was greeted by a woman who was crying that left the necklace with roses that was their mother's favorite. "Has been, for a really long time. I don't think Bart would lie about that."

"Chloe, Bart made you go to Cotillion with your rap-" Chloe cut Chuck off.

"Okay! Okay, call Andrew Tyler about it, he'll get the job done and find people, but I'm not getting my hopes up about this and neither should you. We've been through enough." Chloe rubbed her belly, her hand still in a brace. Christmas had passed, and Chloe was sent home for it. She and Nate spent Christmas in bed, they paid Margaret more than extra for all of the Christmas shopping she did for the two of them, since Chloe can't leave her bed. It's been a nightmare for Chloe, someone who's always up and out has to stay in bed for weeks. Chuck laid his hand over hers, kissing her forehead.

"I know sis. You just be careful, keep my little one cooking. I gotta go, but I'll see you later." Just as Chuck was leaving, Nate entered the room. They greeted each other happily but went on. Nate sat next to Chloe in bed, giving her a kiss on the nose and a kiss on her belly. Nate had just came home from hanging out with Dan, he asked Dan for a lot of advice about the whole Serena thing. Dan's words repeated in Nate's head.

"You gotta tell her man, or she'll find out. Trust me, Chloe ALWAYS finds out. She's not stupid like how every treats her." Dan sips his coffee, continuing to write down whatever it was in his notes.

"I just don't want to stress her out, she needs to be healthy for the baby." Nate sighs, Dan's rolls his eyes.

"Yeah and two weeks ago your excuse was that you wanted to protect her feelings. If you don't tell her now, you'll never tell her, and you see how that all handles itself in the past. You guys will have to start over again, and that's not good when there's a baby on the way." Dan explained.

Chloe and Nate cuddled, Chloe loving the warmth of his arms around her. She's been feelings so cold lately, so empty, being with Nate changed all of that.

"I'm really surprised nothing about me being pregnant made it to Gossip Girl, I'm also really glad no one has told anyone. Especially Vanessa." Chloe mumbled, playing with his hair.

"We won't tell anyone else unless we're sure the baby will make it okay." Nate was going to tell his grandfather on Christmas but he and Chloe agreed to not tell anyone else. Nate got up from his position, making Chloe look up at him.

"Everything okay?" She was going to sit up but Nate stopped her, he ran his fingers through his hair. "Chloe, I really need to talk to you."

Blair glares at Serena as she walks into the restaurant, Serena's face had healed and she was perfectly fine, but that didn't stop Blair from what she was about to do.

"What did you do S." Blair said more like a statement than a question. Serena couldn't even look her in the eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Her voice higher than usual, she wasn't ready to admit her feeling towards Nate. Nate hadn't spoken to her since that night when she was being taken into an ambulance truck. Nate has been so angry towards Serena. He blamed this all on her, Chloe disagreed completely with him. This was no ones fault to her, but Nate insisted on blaming someone.

"I'm not stupid, and neither is Chloe. So you tell me everything, or I tell her what she needs to hear." Blair folded her hands over the table, Serena and Chloe were her best friends but Chloe would never do anything to hurt any of them, so it would make Blair really angry if Serena did something towards her. Serena sighs, finally looking her in the face.

"I tried to kiss Nate." Blair didn't move her face.

"Tried?" She asks, hoping that Serena will say that Nate had nothing to do with it.

"I was just in the moment, we were drunk-"

"I've heard that before." Blair mumbled.

"We were drunk, and I looked in his eyes and I saw everything about him that made me fall for him back in school. So I tried to kiss him, because I thought maybe he wanted it too, but he pulled away before we could do anything and denied me." Serena's cheeks glow red with embarrassment, finally saying the story out loud. Blair glares at her, "And as horrible as I feel about this when I think of Chloe, I can't help but continue to feel the same way about Nate."

"S are you crazy?!" Blair didn't know what to feel about it, but she knew she didn't like it. "Chloe could've lost her life and her babies life while she went to pick you up from a man that didn't love you at all; and this is how you repay her?!" Blair whispered yelled, she didn't want Chloe's pregnancy to get out. "And do you even know how infuriated Nate is with you?? Clearly Chloe doesn't know, or she would never talk to you again. You put Nate in this predicament when it should be you telling her! You should be ashamed of yourself." Blair shook her head in disappointment. Serena stared down, she did feel ashamed of herself but her feelings still didn't go away.

Chloe and Nate stared at each other, completely silent. Nate's mind was racing faster than the speed of light, he was wondering what was going through Chloe's mind.

"Did you kiss her back?" She asks.

"No, I didn't give her the chance to kiss me." Nate truthfully explains.

"Did you want to kiss her?"

"No."

"Do you feel anything for her?"

"No."

"Then why keep it a secret? Why not tell me the night it happened?" Chloe sighed, readjusting herself in bed. She was 17 weeks now, her baby bump a little more visible and uncomfortable. Thank goodness a simple shirt could cover it completely. Two more weeks until they find out the sex of the baby, and the two were very excited.

"I didn't want to hurt you Chlo. She's your best friend, I'm your-" Nate didn't know what he was to Chloe. "I just don't want to stress you out, especially while you shouldn't be stressed at all." Nate rubs Chloe's belly, Chloe grabs his hand and squeezes.

"You did nothing wrong Nate, you don't realize how good of a man you're becoming do you? You've slept next to me every single night since the car accident just to make sure I'm okay, and wake up whenever I need something. You've been such a gentlemen, and you make me feel so beautiful even when I feel so gross right now." Chloe smiles at him.

"Because you are beautiful." Chloe chuckles at his seriousness.

"That's besides the point. This isn't your fault okay? I'll deal with Serena when I have to, I'm not happy with her right now but that doesn't mean it's the same with you. If you're telling me the truth, then we have nothing to worry about." Chloe brought him closer, hugging him.

"When can I call you mine again?" Nate felt relief from her hug, her warmth making him feel like he's home.

"If by the end of my pregnancy, you've been good...I'll be yours."

It's been almost a complete month and still no Chloe updates, geez you'd think she'd be better now since Serena is after the same crash. No offense to S, but we want to hear about C. Unless...C is better and she's just not telling us something? You've always even a horrible liar princess; be careful, we have people watching from every corner just dying to hear what's been keeping you inside. Have fun resting, for now ;)
XOXO
Gossip Girl