Chapter 16

"Wow." Logan's voice startled her from her book.

"Hello." She quickly set the bookmark on her page before placing the book on the bedside. "How are you feeling?" Maggie asked him.

"Just fine, you look stunning." Logan remarked as he slowly pushed himself to sit up.

Her face grew red at that. "Thank you. Ah, the colour reminds me of your eyes." She said simply.

He smiled as a response. "I'm almost tempted to bear the pain to walk you to the dance." He told her.

"Don't be silly, you need to rest, we'll have more dances to go to together." Maggie said in amusement.

He sighed at that, "I suppose that is true." He muttered as he slowly moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

Maggie shifted to get to her feet, "Do like it?" She moved to show him the full length of the dress, it was beautiful and blue lace rippled off the sleeves on her biceps.

"I do. It looks great." Logan remarked as he slowly gazed over the dress. "What's the time, shouldn't it be almost time for the dance?" He asked in surprise.

Maggie smiled slightly, "I was just about to finish the chapter and then head over." She told him. "Dinner is on the stove, you just need to warm it up, or have it cold. Water and medicine are on your bedside." She explained to him.

Logan glanced over to the bottle, "Ah thank you." He remarked with a slight smile as he slowly got to his feet.

"Please be careful while I'm gone, I don't want to come home and find that you've hurt yourself." She said seriously as she hurried forward to help steady him.

"I'll manage." Logan told her, "I want you to go and dance the night away." He said as he shifted his hand onto her face.

"I do wish I was going with you and if it wasn't for Ally and Oliver, I probably would have told Judah I cannot go." Maggie explained as she rested her hand on top of his. His pretty blue eyes searched her face and she easily met him halfway when he leant down to kiss her.

This kiss was different, it was as if there was a strong pull between them and she never wanted to leave his embrace.

"Maggie? Are you here?" Judah's voice caused her to break away from Logan in surprise.

"Umm...I'm here." She managed to call out as she stepped away again while trying to calm down. Glancing at Logan, she noticed he had sunk down onto the edge of the bed while looking ridiculously pleased with himself.

"Marco said you should be here still." Judah remarked as he walked in, his grey eyes looking between her and Logan. "You look great Maggie." He said as he paused in the doorway.

"Thank you, I just have to figure out something with my hair and then I am ready to go." She said quickly even as she walked to the mirror to look over her hair. "You managed to find a shirt that matched." She remarked to Judah as she glanced at him in the reflection of the mirror.

"I borrowed Marco's shirt." Judah said with a smirk.

"Ah. Well you look nice." She told him as she shifted to pin up her hair.

"How are you feeling Logan? I heard about what happened." Judah remarked to the deputy.

"I am sore, but I'll live." Logan answered with a sigh as he wearily got to his feet.

"Okay, I'm ready to go." Maggie hurried up to Logan. "Don't get hurt while I'm gone." She told him.