Chapter 4

"What am I going to do? This feud needs to stop." Pastor Andrew said in dismay, church had been let out and now it was just their two families sitting on opposite sides of the room.

"It was the Morelli's and their temper, don't blame us." Oliver said with his arms folded.

"He was the one cosying up to our sister, you don't expect us to be mad?" Malachi snapped at that.

Oliver cast a cocky smirk at that, "She didn't seem to mind." He said with a shrug and Malachi launched to his feet.

"SIT DOWN." Pastor Andrew commanded at that before rubbing his greying temples with a sigh as Malachi plunked back into the seat.

"Maggie and I want this feud to end, so does Judah. So, for the Autumn Social, I am going with Oliver and Maggie is going with Judah." Ally spoke up at that.

"I forbid it." Mr Morelli snapped at that.

"And I ignore it." Ally said simply.

"If you touch my daughter, I will shoot you." He glowered at Oliver.

"Judah has my sister, he hurts her, I'll have to take it out on Ally." Oliver said with a shrug.

"See, he will hurt you, this is stupid." Malachi snapped at Ally.

"Only if I hurt Maggie, which I don't plan on doing. Besides I'm certain that the Deputy will be there to watch us like a hawk." Judah spoke up at that.

"I expect both the families to be on their best behaviour about this." Pastor Andrew said seriously.

"We'll behave as long as they behave." Marco spoke up at that, the eldest Morelli was by far the least talkative out of the bunch.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Carter asked Oliver.

"Its probably not going to be." Oliver said with a shrug. "I think we'll agree to meet at the dance. Unless you want to walk onto our property, or we can walk to yours?" He asked the Morelli's as he got to his feet.

"Meeting at the dance is fine." Judah answered him.

"Alright, I approve of this, the girls don't need to be caught up in the middle of things and if they want to go to the dance with the opposite family then I applaud the rest of you for trying to make it work." Pastor Andrew told them.

"Don't get too used to it Pastor." Mr Morelli got up at that and stormed out followed by Marco, Eric and Malachi.

"You don't mind going with me? I had briefly mentioned it to Ally and I don't want you to feel obligated." Judah asked her as he approached them.

"I don't mind, we are friends, aren't we?" Maggie said simply.

"What about Logan?" Carter asked her. "You cannot be going to dances with other men!? He'd be horrified." He snapped at that.

"He's not horrified. So why don't you mind your own business." Maggie snapped in return.

"Oliver." Carter turned to the head of the household.

"She's right, he's fine with it." Oliver said with a shrug. "Sorry again about the commotion Pastor Andrew." He walked out at that.

"I'm going to go bother him." Ally told her before whirling around and flouncing out after Oliver.

"Sorry about her." Judah said with a shake of his head.

"It's fine. It's how she's always been." She remarked to him. "How are you finding things now that you are back here?" She asked as they walked out the door together.