nearby lake. | saimami

Hi hi! I have like, a LOT of fantasy ideas for this ship lol, but hope you enjoy this oneshot!

Shuichi decides to visit the nearby lake, but he meets someone there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't simple for the Prince. His birthday was coming up, and he's about to turn 18. Of course, each time he has his birthday, he always thought he was going to have more freedom.

Well, that was the opposite. Each year, a new rule is made. It's mostly how many times he can go outside and how long he can stay outside. He practically gave up when he turned 16, he couldn't even go to his favorite spot in the forest without guards taking him back because "his time was up".

He hated his parents, but there's no use in arguing.

Shuichi sat down on his chair, staring out the window, really missing the lake he always used to visit as a kid.

But here he is, sitting in his boring bedroom. The only thing he could really do is wish and hope that he'll be able to get outside.

Shuichi could hear his parents talking upstairs, he couldn't make out what they were saying, so he gave up trying to eavesdrop on them.

He sat in his room, nothing to do except sleep, ponder, or actually try to learn how to play an instrument.

As he was about to get up, he could hear someone knocking on his door. He stayed silent as the door opened. Shuichi didn't dare to look at them, he already knows who it is.

They cleared their throat, "Dear, I know how you miss going outside," they said, hoping to catch their son's attention. Of course, it did. The mention of going outside really sparked Shuichi's interest.

The other realized they caught his attention, so they continued, "Me and your father decided that you can go outside until it's your birthday," they said.

Shuichi couldn't believe it. Did his wish really come true? Or was it just a coincidence?

"..Really?" He asks, trying to contain his excitement.

"Yes, really."

He practically jumped up from excitement, running out the door before they yelled for him to get his crown.

He got his crown, getting his boots on and running down the spiral stairs and out the door. He made his way outside of his Kingdom, noticing the dirt path leading to the forest was still there.

He followed the path, revealing the same lake he always went to as a kid, but someone else was there. He knows they aren't someone from his kingdom, for sure.

They look at the Prince, confused. The Prince held in his breath, thinking he just screwed up.

They laughed, getting up and walking towards him.

"You must be a Prince, right?" They asked, holding beautiful flowers, it even looks like they're sparkling in the sunlight.

He nods, "How'd you know?" He asks.

They pointed to the crown that was sitting on Shuichi's head, chuckling.

"O-Oh.." The Prince said, feeling embarrassed for asking a pretty dumb question.

"What's your name?" The other asked, twirling one of the flowers in their hand.

"S-Shuichi," he said, sitting down on the grass.

They both stayed silent for a minute before the other spoke up, "That's a really nice name," they said, sitting beside the Prince. "T-Thank you.." The Prince said, not used to people complimenting him. They smiled, putting one of the flowers in the Prince's hair. Shuichi tilted his head to the side a bit like a confused puppy, "..What are you doing?" he asks.

"Oh, nothing. It's just a flower of good luck," they said, holding the other flowers. Shuichi looked at the flowers, curious but decided not to ask questions. He looked at the lake, before remembering he forgot to ask what their name was.

"Hey, what's your-" he began, but after turning to his side, they weren't there. He stared in confusion for a minute, before looking around. Shuichi sighed, laying down on the grass, looking at the sky and using his hand to block the sunlight.

The Prince stayed there until night time, pondering about who he met, and the flower they gave him.