nightmares. | saimami

Hello Hello! Rex here! 11 votes already, woah. But, here's some context!

Shuichi has a bad nightmare and Rantaro decides to comfort him.

Requested by erenjaeuwus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuichi woke up, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. It felt so real.. yet, it wasn't. He was shaking, his breathing was getting faster and unsteady. Tears began to fall down his cheeks, not noticing his partner also woke up. Shuichi felt soft hands wiping his tears away, in the darkness, he could still see Rantaro's features, they were so beautiful to him.

"Did you have another nightmare, babe?" Rantaro softly whispered, caressing Shuichi's cheek with his hand, his other drawing circles on Shuichi's back hand with his thumb. Shuichi nodded, sniffling as a few more tears rolled down his cheeks. "Aww, baby.. c'mere, it's okay, I'm right here," Rantaro whispered comfortingly, embracing his partner, doing the best he can to help and comfort Shuichi.

Soft sniffles came from the raven haired boy, hugging the green haired boy like he wouldn't see him again. To Shuichi, Rantaro was a treasure he didn't want to lose, and to Rantaro, Shuichi was someone he deeply cared about. If he lost him, his life would be back to hell.

The green haired boy sung a lullaby, making the raven haired boy feel safe in his arms. Shuichi was listening to Rantaro's heartbeat, slowly calming down, his breathing slowly becoming steady just from listening to Rantaro singing softly. Rantaro's lullaby turned into soft humming, Shuichi felt like he could drift off to sleep right now.

Rantaro stops humming, "Feel better, now?" Rantaro whispers, still hugging Shuichi. "Mhm.." Shuichi said, feeling a lot better now after Rantaro had comforted him. Rantaro smiles, pulling the covers over the both of them, going to sleep. Shuichi faced Rantaro, closing his eyes, drifting off to sleep, feeling safe in the green haired boy presence. Rantaro smiled a bit, placing a kiss on the raven haired boy's forehead, closing his eyes as well.

"Good night," He whispered, drifting off to sleep as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
300 words