Chapter Sixteen

This chapter is dedicated to WallflowerEffect for her fabulous cover she did for me! I personally LOVE it!!!! Anyways you should go check out her works if you haven't already cause honestly the guy whisper is the best thing ever. I need guy advice and that is perfect for it. Also she does have a girl one as well so check that out.

Homecoming came fast. The school day was a blur, and totally hectic. The teachers tried to teach but everyone was too giddy with excitement. All the talk about human biology was in one ear and out the other. Girls were giggling and gushing about their amazing dresses and the guys well the guys were talking about how they were hoping to get laid. Most people would turn in disgust but honestly if that's what floats their boat.

Once the final bell rang I flooded out of my class and hurried to meet Kayla at her car. She was going to drive Julia, herself, Laura and me back to my house and we would get ready together. I personally had never been to a dance unless you included my 6th grade Halloween dance. I had been dressed up as a medieval princess. My gown was purple and was enormous and absolutely stunning. My aunt had made it for me and let's just say it was my favorite thing. I would wear it around the house constantly. Heck I would've worn it to school if my mother had let me.

To keep the sob story short lets just say some bitch at the dance was jealous of my gown and dumped the punch bowl all over me. After that I had never gone to another dance. Not just because of that reason. Well mostly that reason.

Once I saw Kayla and her convertible I hurried past all the freshman who were trying to find their busses.

"Ready for a night we won't forget?" Kayla grinned.

"Of course" I answered sliding in the back seat with Laura.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We climbed the stairs into my room and filed in carrying our bags our makeup, accessories and dresses. Laura began taking the dresses out carefully and placing them in my closet.

Julia grabbed her pink robe and hurried with her bag of toiletries and began taking a quick shower.

"Guys I can't believe none of us have a date. Except for Jules." Kayla pouted.

"I'm sure you'll find some upperclassmen to dance with tonight" Laura teased from behind my closet doors.

"Your right all the guys in our grade are pathetically immature." Julia said stepping out of the bathroom. Her hair was twisted in a towl, her cheeks red from the boiling shower we all could tell she took.

"Except for Brian Parker," Kayla sighed. "He's such a dreamboat."

Everyone giggled. I had to force it. Brian had asked Julia to the dance. I was of course upset but I knew it was for the best.

"I'm going to shower guys!" I said faking a smile. Laura shot me a knowingly look but I turned and fled to the cool tiled room. I cranked the water to full blast and stripped from my school clothes. I stepped in my shower and let the water run all over myself.

Once I had washed my hair and cleaned myself from the sweat from the day I turned off the shower and wrapped myself in my robe.

I stepped into the room and saw that we had about two hours until the dance. Laura immediately ran to the bathroom to shower and Kayla was ready to jump in as soon as Laura was done.

I began drying my hair. Once I completed straightening my hair I hurried to where Julia was applying makeup. She put on some light blush and then proceeded to add some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. When she was finished she handed me a light pink tube of lipgloss.

"This is your best friend for the night" Julia said with a straight face.

I laughed at her wacky self.

Glancing around the room I noticed that Kayla had finally gotten out of the shower and had finishes curling her hair. Laura had begun picking out a pair of earrings to wear.

I slipped into my teal dress and pulled on my heels that I was doubting I could pull off. Then I took a peek in my mirror. To be honest I couldn't recognize myself. My acne was gone, my muscular legs looked amazing in the dress and not at all creepy, my hair was no longer frizzy like it was earlier.

"Damn Emerson you look hot! Don't get dragged off the dance floor." Laura called from the other side of the room.

"Thanks babe I'll try." I joked.

The rest of the girls began slipping on their dresses, shoes and finishing touches. We gave each other looks of approval and bounded down the stairs.

My mother began taking pictures of us. We posed in billions of pictures until my mom said that was enough. I personally was having so much fun and the dance hadn't even started. It made me think how I wouldn't be friends with Kayla and Julia without Brian. Brian. It all came back of him.

"Ready girls" Julia said with a grin. We stepped out into my driveway where Laura's sister was waiting to drive us. I climbed into her SUV and prayed that tonight would be okay.

Please let this be okay.

Authors Note: OKAAYYY IM SO SORRY FOR NO UPDATES!!! I had my last meet on Thursday and I've been so stressed with midterms and we have begun picking out our courses for next year and omg I have to pick a language! If anyone can suggest one I would appreciate it so much. Cause I'm so nervous about taking a language. So if you take one or even speak this please tell me what I should take.

Chinese
French
Spanish
Greek
Latin

Anyways the next few weeks I'll be posting the last chapters for How You Get The Girl and hopefully Born to Run. I personally am so excited for that book and I think it's going to be great. So please read the first chapter if you haven't already and let me know what you think. Sorry this chapter is kinda boring but I figured I needed something there. I'm legit rambling so I better stop lol. Anyways lots of love and be safe lovelies.