Chapter Fifteen

The little conflict Brian and me had Friday night was the cause of our awkward relationship. We would exchange hellos and such but otherwise than that we would steer clear of each other. I hadn't told anyone about what happened that night. It was something I kept between me and Brian.

The girls knew something was off so that's why Julia, Kayla, Laura and I are going dress shopping for homecoming. Brian had asked Julia before the mishap so that meant everyone was going with someone except for me. I personally wasn't upset. I honestly was going to skip going but I was forced to go.

Once we got to our local mall Kayla began dragging us to a small boutique that was run by her grandmother. Kayla loves fashion and could look good in a plastic bag. We stepped into Lilac and was immediately greeted by Kayla's warm and friendly grandmother.

"Hello girls!" She greeted.

We exchanged friendly hellos and introduced ourselves.

" Feel free to browse and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask."

We began roaming the racks for dresses. I glanced over at Laura and Julia. They already had an immense amount of dresses piled high on their arms. Kayla had about three draped over her arms. And then there was me. I obviously needed help. My mind flashed back to that shopping trip with Brian. It seemed forever ago.

I shook the memory out of my head. If I wanted to feel better I needed to focus on having fun. Even if this fun was picking out clothes.

"Em!" Julia called from the back of the store.

I walked over to where she was hunting for dresses.

"Yes?" I asked.

"What do you think of this?" She asked holding up a teal dress. It was simple but screamed elegant. It ended right above my knees and reminded me of sea foam. It was beautiful.

"Wow I love it!" I said soaking in the gorgeous gown.

She laughed at my awe.

"Why don't you try it on?" She suggested gesturing over to the fitting rooms where Kayla and Laura had been putting on a fashion show.

We walked over to the fitting rooms and I stepped in the cubicle. I slipped off my denim shorts and tshirt and zipped up the masterpiece.

Nervous I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment then proceeded to show my friends.

When I stepped out they stared. Their expressions were unreadable. I tapped my foot like I usually do when I'm nervous.

"Oh my god Emerson! You have to get that!" Kayla practically screeched.

"Grandma!" She called.

Her petite grandmother approached us.

"Wow darling you look exquisite in that. You simply must get it." Her grandmother said grinning.

"You look hot girl!" Laura laughed.

"Totally!" Julia chimed in.

"Then I guess I must get it" I said slipping back In the fitting room.

I threw back on my clothes and placed the dress on the hanger.

Once Laura had picked out the dress she wanted we all hurried to the register excited with our purchases. (To see everyone's dresses look in the attached image).

Once we had paid and bid Kayla's grandmother goodbye we headed to the food court for much needed fro-yo.

We stepped into Pinkberry and began filling up immense amounts of yogurt. We splurged on fruit, candies, and every other topping imaginable. Once we had racked up an eye boggling amount of money. We sat down at a booth.

"I can't wait for homecoming!" Julia said sighing.

We all chorused same.

Kayla then began explaining a story from last years homecoming. My eyes drifted to the large group of boys entering Pinkberry. And of course the person I was dreading most of all walked in.

He gave me a doe eyed look. I swallowed. The girls hadn't noticed the group of football players.

"OMG!!! We have to of get shoes at Macys!" Kayla said suddenly. She grabbed all of us by the arm and dragged us out.

I looked over my shoulder and I immediately regretted it. He was staring at me with this unreadable expression that make my heart cringe.

Authors Note: So I'm thinking three chapters left. That includes an epilogue. So sadly How You Get The Girl will be ending. I can't believe how much I've grown to love all of my readers and characters over the course of several months. I just want to note that I will be doing a lot of editing after this is done. So you may want to reread it? Just a suggestion. I'll send a message when I begin to. Be safe lovelies and you should expect an update in several days!