Chapter Five

I slipped into my pajamas and curled up with my dolphin pillow pet and my MacBook. I began watching The Fault in Our Stars, but soon fell asleep.

Once I woke on Saturday morning I could smell the scent of pancakes, bacon and hash browns wafting through the air. I scrambled down the stairs into my kitchen where my parents were preparing food. I sat down at the bar and poured myself a glass of cranberry pomegranate juice and served some pancakes, and eggs on my plate. I ate, well practically shoveled all the food in my mouth. After I finished, I thanked my parents and threw on some running shorts and tshirt and threw my earphones in. I started on a run through my neighborhood. It probably wasn't the smartest idea after eating that immense amount of carbs but like those 2012 kids say YOLO.

Living in California I was used to the heat but running through it really was disgusting. I jogged past all my neighbors houses and then my adrenaline began coursing through my veins. I began pushing myself down by the park. I ran and ran til I found myself standing in front of my house yet again. Sweating and panting hard I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and glanced at the clock. Only 2 hours left til I would be transformed. Ugh I hated shopping. If only I could stall. But now Laura was dragged into it. So I guess there was really no backing out now.

I striped from my beyond sweaty and smelly clothes and stepped into the cold shower letting it run all over my sore and tired muscles. Once I was done I dressed into another pair of shorts and a clean T-shirt and grabbed my belongings and began out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the mall with Laura and we instantly found Brian dressed in khakis and a white Ralph Lauren shirt. God he was such a smoke show. Oh my god did I really just think that? I've been hanging out with the soccer girls too much.

Hey girls" he greeted both of us.

We exchanged hellos and that's when Brian began discussing his plan. "So first things first, Emerson your attire..." He trailed.

"What's wrong with my clothes" I asked defensively. I mean I know I wasn't decked out in designer labels like every other clone but I didn't dress like a slump.

Laura nodded "Nothing it's just Brian thinks you should maybe dress nicer if your going to be making Julia jealous."

Seriously now my BFF and crush were teaming up on me?

"Yes Emerson I decided we are going shopping!" Brian forced a smile.

I frowned and stood uncomfortable not sure what to say.

"What's wrong with you? I thought all girls love shopping?" Brian asked.

"Well everyone except me" I said frowning.

Brian suddenly had a glint in his eye "Just you wait once we are done with you!"

My face fell I tried to keep my composure but Brian starting laughing when he realized he had won the argument.

Laura and Brian began dragging me into store after store. Forever 21, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, Juicy Couture you name it I was in it. I tried on shirts after shirts and dress after dress. After our first stop in Forever 21 I soon became aware that I was going to look like any other Barbie doll that attends my school. I was thrown bodycon dresses, crop tops and multiple tight and non comfortable clothing.

How in the heck did girls find this fun. After trying on one thing I was already exhausted. I swear those Carmel frappes those barbies get must have something strong in them. Otherwise they have to be Olympians to feel refreshed and ready to go in every store for three hours.

I slipped on a tight pink dress, Laura had picked out and excited the fitting room. I stood a little hunched with my ankles crossed and fidgeting in place. I apparently looked good because Brian began blushing and had to excuse himself from the fitting room. Once he returned and I headed up to the counter with my stack of clothing and my wallet bursting with $800 from babysitting. He slapped his credit card down with such a composure I didn't dare argue. I felt horrible with him paying for over 300$ worth of things for me. His response was that he was making me do this for him. It wasn't a solid argument but I wasn't going to discuss this.

It was like this store after store. I had ended up with at least 10 bags of clothes, makeup, accessories, handbags and girl essentials.

" I think we need to go in Victoria Secret" Laura said with a straight face.

Ok so I'm not one of those girls who buys sparkly undergarments (I'm so old fashioned) I prefer plain and sport bras any day. I flushed a deep red.

" Oh no we don't have to- I uh have some" God this was so awkward.

Brian smiled "It's fine let's go."

This would be so embarrassing and it didn't help I was litterly was shaking the whole time. Laura dragged me over left and right and grabbed a stacks of undergarments. Brian trailed us laughing at Laura and my expressions.

Laura was constantly trying to give me colorful bras and was getting frustrated with me. I on the other hand was making faces in disgust. I could've been cooperative but that wasn't as fun.

Once I ended up in the fitting room some lady that worked there decided to make my life more miserable.

She began measuring me and I swear I had never been so mortified in my life. She apparently presumed Brian was my boyfriend

" Oh dear you'll look fabulous wearing this! Won't she Hun?" She held up a sequined bombshell that apparently was my size.

Brian smirked "Of course she would. Except I think she'll look better without it" the lady began hysterically laughing with Brian.

If only Laura wasn't flocking the store. She would've been here for that comment.

I was standing there with my mouth on the floor. I can't believe he said that. After they all regained there selves I ended up walking out with new underwear that I would never dream of wearing and colorful and exotic bras.

" Ok looks like you have enough!" Brian exclaimed.

"I had enough after the first store" I sighed.

Laura smiled " you'll look incredible!"

Brian hugged me tightly " I have to meet with the boys but I'll talk to you later Emerson!"

Brian turned and left walking down to the food court where the boys were camped out. He looked so laid back with his hair swooshing around. His hair was such beautiful thing ... Oh shoot I mean ugh. He makes me so tongue tied. I finally untied my tongue and turned Laura.

"I'm exhausted" I sighed.

"God Em sometimes I wonder if you were dropped on the head as a small child" Laura joked.

"Sometimes I think I was..."

Authors Note: Hope Y'all enjoyed. Kinda funny I personally thought!