Chapter Twelve

Once the class ended I hurried to the lunchroom. The smell of rubbery food filled the air. Honestly is it a rule that all cafeterias have to have disgusting rubbery food?

When I entered the room I spotted Laura, Amanda and Kate at our usual lunch table. Even though Amanda and Kate were seniors and we were only sophomores we still ate lunch with them. I pulled out my usual seat and then proceeded to open my thermos full of chicken parm. I took out my lemonade Vitamin Water and took a swig of it and began shoveling in the chicken parm.

The weird thing about lunches here at RRH was the rotation. It all depended on where you were in the school. So if you were in the music wing, foreign language, or history wing you had fourth. For some stupid reason they think you can eat at 1:10. Which explains how I'm wolfing down my food now.

"Emmy if your done tearing that chicken apart like a wolf can we chat?" Kate joked.

Everyone laughed. I placed my fork down.

"Yes Kate."

"So how was history?" Amanda asked.

"Guess who's having Julia and Kayla over Friday night" I questioned.

The girls freaked out and I was thrown a million questions.

I hit every curveball and managed to keep my cool. Once they calmed down I was able to fill them in about history.

The lunch bell rang signaling last class. I said goodbye and hurried off to my last class of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a grueling soccer practice involving just fitness I was ready to puke.

I sent Brian a text saying I would meet him at Panera in half an hour.Over the course of the weeks that had become our place. We constantly ate there just like that first time.

I showered in one of the locker room stalls and threw on some fresh clothes.

Once I was ready to go I met Amanda at the parking lot.

We sat in the car complaining about the grueling practice we had just suffered through.We finally pulled into the parking lot and I thanked Amanda and went to meet Brian.

I sat down in our familiar booth and waited for him to come.

I sat there for an hour waiting for Brian to come. Tears began pouring down my face. Here I was working my butt off to make his love life and this is how he repays me.

I waited for him an extra half hour but he didn't come.

He never did come. I didn't even get a text.

I called my dad to pick me up and we exchanged small talk and I hid my tears.

When we pulled into my driveway I went upstairs to my bedroom and cried. I sobbed until I had no more tears because he didn't really care about me. He never did. I needed to stop helping him and become unattached from his amazing self. He was a drug that I was addicted to and I couldn't stop. Brian Parker I am hopelessly in love with you. And I don't even have a chance.

Authors Note: Don't freak out because this is so short and kinda boring. But the next chapter will be so much better. I promise. I know I said it last time but really as soon as I get to Friday Night with Julia and Kayla you guys will be so satisfied. I'm planning on a long chapter.