Chapter Nine

Emerson's POV

What the heck just happened there? Did Brian really kiss me? This had to have been a joke. Why? Millions of thoughts consumed my mind. I took off running on the pavement. My feet must've been bleeding and becoming ripped from the tar. But I was totally unaware if that was happening.I ran with my pumps in my hand that Brian had coincidently bought me. I pushed myself til I ended up at the soccer field. I took off my necklace and put it in a pile on the bench with my shoes and laid in the grass. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. In and Out, in and out. Just like coach always told us when we did yoga.

I was worried what was going to happen? It wasn't me who kissed Brian it was him who kissed me.

Something must've happened. A dare maybe? He wouldn't have wanted to kiss me on his own right? I was Emerson his wing woman. I was confused and I let myself become consumed with my thoughts. I had to have sat there in the grass for about an hour. I finally turned on my phone and found missed messages from my mom, and Laura. None from the person I wanted to hear from the most. I called back Laura.

"EMERSON WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! WHERE ARE-" Laura screamed into the phone.

"Soccer field" I cut her off hitting the end button. She had been crying I could tell. I felt sick and horrible inside and all I wanted was to go under my covers and never leave my bed again. I didn't realize I had started crying til my face and arms were soaked with tears.

I saw my best friend running towards me. She had stopped crying. But her mascara was running down her face. Laura was about to say something until she saw my tears and messed up face.

"What happened baby" she said in a soothing voice.

" he-he k-kiss- ed me" I said choking on my sobs.

"Oh my gosh why are you crying that means he likes you!!we should be celebrating"'Laura said.

"I don't know it felt so right but I felt so guilty."

"Why" Laura asked curiously.

"I feel like I took him away from Julia."

"Honey he's not dating her" Laura said in a matter of fact voice.

"But still" I sniffled.

"Let's go home. You are not going to school tomorrow you look dreadful and need time to think." Laura said.

"What? But I can't miss-" I started

"Your missing school. It's final. Anyways you look sick so it shouldn't be hard to convince your mom. Just stay home and watch those book movies or whatever you like."

"Fine" I said. Of course she would you my weakness against me. Those book movies were my most favorite thing in the world. Even though they were sucky compared to the actual books.

Laura helped me up and collected my belongings, we walked over to where Laura's sister was waiting and she smiled understandingly at me. Once I got home I was greeted with how was the party and did you meet anyone. Laura dodged the answers like a pro and said I had gotten sick over eating some shrimp that wasn't fully cooked. My mom nodded like it was something you hear everyday and Laura helped me get in some comfy clothes and showered. I slipped on my Harry potter pajamas and told her I would be ok. She nodded and told me to keep her posted and she would get all my work from school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke feeling a lot better than I did last night. I slipped out of my bed and walked downstairs to make some breakfast. My mom had left out some muffins and I helped myself to the rest of them. I sat down in the family room turning on Harry potter. I got lost in the movies and I was up to Goblet of Fire when I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened to find Brian standing there.

"Hey" he said softly. "I um brought you some things. Laura said you were sick" He held out a bag full of movies and candy. I ushered him and we sat down on the couch. We didn't say much.

I finally broke the silence. "Why?" Was all I said.

"I um got caught up in the moment" was his response. My heart shattered. So he didn't like me. I had actually gotten excited to the fact that maybe he did like me.

"Oh" was my response.

We sat in silence except the occasional laughter which was aimed towards the movie.It got to around 3 when he decided he should leave.

"Wait you skipped school to come see me?" I asked suddenly realizing the time.

"I was sick too" he smirked.

I giggled. God Emerson your such a lovesick puppy.

"Well I better go. Bye Em" he said.

"Bye."

I stood at my porch waving like an idiot until he got in his car. He backed out leaving me confused and lovesick.

Authors Note: Sorry for some feels. It may or may not get better...