○ The Path to Assassinhood ○ Desmond Miles [Training: Day 01.2]

Disclaimer: I own nothing besides Rozalin. Ubisoft has claim on everything else.

Thanks to Kazel60Altair’sFan123, and ZombireOnTheMoon for the reviews!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the trunk popped open Desmond wasted no time in hopping out of the cramped area, sending Lucy a look for it. “Thanks for that! Loved being in that trunk and all; bouncing around…” Lucy only sent him an amused look as Rozalin followed suit and stepped out of the trunk of the car herself, brushing her clothes off from any imaginary dirt and dust.

“Oh? What’s the matter?” she queried, brow raised and looking dead serious. “Didn’t you enjoy being shoved in a small space with a cute girl like me?” As she stated this last half she had struck a pose, winking at the man and tossing her hair and it was at this point that Desmond realized it was merely a joke.

He sent her a bemused look before the two hurried after Lucy who began to explain just what the two were going to be helping with this time around. Supposedly they would be delving into the ancestors’ memories that Lucy had found before leaving Abstergo to go on another ‘treasure hunt’ as Desmond had put it.

Lucy had been extremely joyful over the fact that the two would help, however, pausing to even give Desmond a hug. Rozalin’s eyes narrowed in irritation at this display of affection, however, and she had to wonder just what the heavy weight on her chest was and why it was lifted only when Lucy pulled away from Desmond and turned to lead them the remaining feet into the room beyond.

“Lucy!”

“Rebecca!” The black haired female that had greeted the (now) ex-Abstergo employee hurriedly moved from her seat beside what could only be two Animuses (though noticeably more comfortable than the ones at Abstergo) to properly welcome the woman.

“Seven years! Can you believe it?” the woman known as Rebecca gushed as Lucy grinned and nodded back, clearly happy to see the nerdy-looking woman.

“This seems like it will be short lived…” Rozalin points out as she began glancing around and taking note of the single mattress by the window, of the many computers, and of the other person, a decidedly college-looking male who looked less than happy.

“So, you two are the infamous Desmond and Rozalin,” the man grunts, stepping up and eyeing the two up and down. Desmond resisted the urge to look smug and Rozalin merely blinked at him. “Too bad both of you fail at this. I’ve seen the tapes, neither of you even tried to escape.” He scoffed afterwards.

Both looked decidedly irritated at this accusation. “Let’s see what you could do in that situation?” Desmond replies a bit scathingly.

Rozalin merely responded with a huffed, “Douche!”

“Shaun!” Rebecca scolds, shooting the man what was commonly labeled as ‘the look.’

What?”

“Welcome to the new base of headquarters, you two.” Lucy chuckles good-naturedly.” Whenever you’re ready we can start!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tidbits Corner: I kind of had to bullshit the conversation, since it’s been way too long since I’ve playedAssassin’s Creed II. But in the end, I don’t like making the conversations exactly as they are in-game as it gets boring to read over and over again when others pick up writing for fanfictions, too.