○ The Path to Assassinhood ○ Desmond Miles [Trapped: Day 05]

Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing but my OC, Rozalin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desmond, Rozalin, and Lucy's faces dropped as they listened to the PA announcement. Gunshots were ringing out from somewhere with startled and painful shouts. A few demands from Abstergo's lackeys were heard vaguely over the gunfire, but no one in the room could make out what was really being said. Vidic had a smug grin spreading over his face at this announcement. It was happening as they spoke.

"I don't know how you did it, Mr. Miles, Miss Wulf. But your rescue has just failed. Vidic, you are to find 'it' as soon as possible. Understood?" a deep voice announced over the PA into the room after the gunshots quieted down. It had only lasted a few seconds but it seemed like forever...

"Of course!" The PA shut off with a click and Vidic gave the duo that smug grin as he left the room. Just tomorrow he would have what he needed after all. It seemed only fitting that it would be the end of the week that it happened on as well. The deadline he had received.

The doors closed leaving the trio in silence.

Desmond finally snorted and pushed off of the Animus, confronting Lucy as Rozalin watched silently, seeing vague visions from the past from her time in the Animus around them all. Horses, the assassins her ancestor had been banished from.... even the woman he feel in love with. It was strange, and she didn't like it.

"Don't worry, you'll get out.... Trust me." Lucy nodded to Desmond, holding her hand up to her chest. Her left hand. Desmond's eyes widened and he gasped as Lucy smiled and turned away to leave the room.

Her ring finger was missing...

"She's an assassin..." Desmond breathed out in awe, not having realized it before then.

"You didn't know?" Rozalin blinks up at him, finally pushing off of the Animus herself to investigate Lucy's computer for e-mails again. There she found what appeared to be spam, only several letters were out of place.... They were capitalized where they shouldn't have been. Rozalin sighed and rolled her eyes at the idiocy of whoever sent it.

"What?"

"Our would-be rescuers are dumb asses." And with that she stalked away angrily to the room, flopping down on the bed and huffing. Desmond blinked after her before checking the message himself, his heart sinking when he realized what she was talking about.

Even a first grader could have cracked that code, it was no wonder they had been caught. It was no less disheartening however.

It was another quiet night after that...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM: ABSTERGO INDUSTRIES

DATE: ------- --:--

SUBJECT: Your answer to "EMPATHY"

In this quiz we stated: "You find yourself taking the side of the subject in each memory."

You responded: "Its hard to see both sides of the story."

An astute observation. It's rare to find a memory where the subject cannot wholeheartedly justify his actions. DDS users are easily influenced by the induced fugue state, but your clear vision is impressive.

FROM: ROZALIN

DATE: -------- --:--

SUBJECT: Re: Your answer to "EMPATHY"

So what? Now you're impressed with me? Make up your mind, Boss-cats. One minute your pissed at me the next impressed. It's dizzying.