○ The Path to Assassinhood ○ Desmond Miles [Trapped: Day 04]

Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing but my Oc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The duo stared at Vidic's back, he stood at the many paneled window surveying the streets below, coffee mug in hand. He had his digi-pen in his pocket, noticeably clipped to the side and easily pick-pocket-able. Rozalin elbowed Desmond who shot her an irritated look. She jerked her head in the 'good' doctor's direction and Desmond shook his had frantically only to receive another shove. An exasperated look was sent the woman's way before Desmond slowly and silently slunk towards Vidic, hand outstretched as he grew closer to snatch the did-pen.

Lucy kept her eyes on the Animus, 'readying' it for their next memory dive. She knew just what they were up to, being the one keeping them from being caught, after all.

Desmond hesitated upon reaching Vidic's form. The old man took a sip of his coffee and Desmond hurriedly slipped the digi-pen out of Vidic's coat pocket and into his jacket's sleeve for safe keeping before hurrying back down to his partner. She grinned and flashed him a thumb's up to which he couldn't resist rolling his eyes at.

"We ready to go?" Lucy speaks up, smiling at the two from over her computer console causing the two to hop to it and enter their ancestor's memories once more. It was still as jarring and ever and Desmond's run through this day proved to be of three separate assassinations.

Rozalin was subjected to her ancestor's banishment from the assassins, however, for what she didn't know. It wasn't like she was exactly paying much attention when the old man spoke after all... The next memories were of the man that was her ancestor attempting to form a new group of assassins, and this was enough to actually pique her interest into paying more attention.

By the time the two were released from their ancestor's memories Vidic's good mood seemed to have sunk from that morning as Lucy bit her lip worriedly. Before Vidic could snap at them for doing anything and everything his phone rang; stopping his pacing he was quick to answer it. He was only one for a few minutes before he hung up and glared at Abstergo's prisoners.

"You two are in big trouble!" And with that the old man stomped out of the room.

"What did we do?!" Desmond snaps back angrily, still sitting upon the Animus. He didn't trust his balance enough just yet to stay standing on two feet as of the moment. He received no answer.

"The assassins are coming for you." Lucy answers as the sliding doors slid shut almost ominously, the hissing of the mechanics being the noise filling the background silence.

"Why would they do that?" Rozalin inquires, brow furrowing. "We're just two nobodies to them."

"They still think of you both as a part of their faction," Lucy answers, glancing between both of them. "They'll come and Vidic isn't happy about it."

When Lucy left Rozalin and Desmond wasted no time in hacking into their captors computers to find out just what was going on. Desmond found a rather interesting e-mail in Vidic's deleted section, of an unknown person screaming about knowing what he was up to and that he was going to expose everyone in Abstergo... 'Not like it would do much good,' Desmond mused bitterly. By the time they finished nothing new had been learned and they had to retire back to their shared 'room' to be locked in for the night. Desmond flopped down on the bed, ignoring the food on the table that someone (probably Lucy) had left for them.

Rozalin flopped down beside him, curling up on her side, her back facing him as silence filled the room. It really was lonely being stuck there... Idle chit-chat wouldn't be able to fill that loneliness, either, it seemed...