○ The Path to Assassinhood ○ Desmond Miles [Epilogue]

Rozalin couldn't shake the dread in her heart, as if she knew something wrong would happen soon. But she didn't know what. "Would you stop your pacing, Rozalin?" Shaun snapped lightly.

"Shaun!" Rebecca scolds.

"What?"

This certainly wasn't helping her migraine any. Rozalin stopped her pacing in front of the bookshelf as she heard voices behind it. The voices of Desmond and Lucy. The trio waited for several minutes before Shaun finally snapped once again;

"If you could please open the bookshelf, Desmond!"

Silence on the other end before the book shelf slid open, knocking dust and dirt from the ceiling down upon their heads. Before anything could be said Rozalin walked up and gave Desmond a kiss on the cheek, ignoring Lucy and Rebecca's "awwww"s.

"W-What was that for?" Desmond inquires, blinking and attempting to ignore the heat in his face.

"No reason," Rozalin smiled, ignoring the stabbing pain in her head and the suffocating dread upon her chest. She couldn't shake the feeling that something bad would happen by the end of this little adventure.

"How is it Desmond gets a girl? He doesn't even do anything but sit in the Animus!"

"Shaun!" the cry came from both Lucy and Rebecca this time around.

"What?"

"Gee, thanks, buddy. I love you, too." Desmond snorts back sarcastically and Rozalin spared a chuckle at their group.