○ The Path to Assassinhood ○ Desmond Miles [Training: Day 01.1]

Disclaimer: I own nothing besides Rozalin.

Thanks once again to AltairFan123 for the review. It keeps me motivated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hurry! We don’t have time!” Lucy snaps, irate under the pressure they were under. She snatched up the databases out of the two Animuses, having received the necessary information of the ancestors they needed this time around.

“Why so fast?” Rozalin murmurs, hand to her head as she slid off of the Animus slowly. Desmond was in the same state, rather dizzy and had a hand on the edge of the Animus he had been into steady himself.

“Yeah, I’m gonna need a minute…”

“We don’t have a minute!” Lucy snaps again, hurrying to the sliding doors, her white shirt already spotted with blood.

The duo stumbled after Lucy before finally getting to grips with reality again and able to keep up with the woman who was hurrying down the hallway, a determined and stern expression upon her face.

“So this is the rest of Abstergo, huh?” Desmond scoffs looking around at the bleak walls. “So much for interior decorating.”

Rozalin chuckled, having taken note to the bland decorating herself and Desmond shot her a smile. Lucy merely rolled her eyes, not knowing how the two could not be taking this seriously. Instead she swiped a keycard through a keycard reader and punched in the designated number.

“Hey!” the two guards on the other side of the glass doors shouted, one of them even attempting to pry the now locked doors apart. “Open this door!”

They were decidedly ignored as Lucy continued to lead their way out, only stopping when Lucy needed to take out two more Abstergo guards who stood in their way. She proved herself quite capable of handling herself as she managed to knock the first one out, stealing his night stick in the process an using that to deal with the second.

“Holy shit!” Desmond cries out, jaw dropping slightly.

“Go, Lucy!” Rozalin cheered hurrying after the woman. The next stop proved to be an elevator, just down the hallway and the three hurriedly piled in.

“So, we’re finally leaving this dump, huh?” Rozalin inquires glancing at Lucy who nodded back.

“Yes.”

“Why do you think this will work? What about the security cameras?” Desmond inquires next, pointing at one that was in that very elevator and aimed right at them.

“I looped old footage for the feedback. How do you think I managed to hide all your night-time snooping?”

“Ah, clever.”

“If we’re escaping, why don’t we just blow the place up as we go?” Rozalin asks, with a shrug of her shoulders to a horrified stare from Lucy and an amused one from Desmond. “What?”

Lucy merely huffed and shook her head as the elevator stopped and once again led the way out. She jogged silently to the edge of the hallway and peered around the corner, calculating. “Careful,” she warns quietly as Desmond and Rozalin followed her at a walk. They both peered around the corner only to see the many Animus stations.

“What the?!”

“That’s a lot of victims to put through the bleeding effect.” Rozalin mused before Lucy demanded that the two follow her and not deviate from the path.

“Why so many Animus…es? Animi?”

“Desmond. Shut the fuck up.” Lucy snaps again, still irate as she often became when under too much pressure. She glanced back only to spot Desmond behind her. “Where did Rozalin go?!” she whispered causing Desmond to turn in a full circle, brow furrowed to look for the woman as well. He finally shrugged.

“Hey!”

“Get back here!”

Desmond and Lucy glanced at each other before scurrying back they way they had come and down the hallway leading straight to see Rozalin face to face with one guard. The second one who had yelled as already upon the ground, unconscious; Lucy began to race to help the other woman out before Rozalin kicked out, catching the man where the sun isn’t supposed to shine and then following up with another swift kick to the head sending the man toppling to the ground.

“Jesus Christ!” Desmond shouts in surprise, blinking. He hadn’t expected Rozalin to be so capable.

“Rozalin!”

“What? The fastest way from Point A to Point B is always a straight line.” She reasoned to Lucy, gesturing to their now unhindered path. Lucy sighed but still led the way down the hallway none-the-less. Lucy once again swiped the keycard through the card reader and punched in a four digit code. A warning beep sounded out and she cursed.

“What’s wrong?” Desmond asks.

“The code won’t work. Without it we can’t get out.” Lucy admits, biting her lip in frustration. Desmond’s brow furrowed again as he focused on the keypad, everything grew darker except for the fingerprints Lucy had left behind that grew brighter and seemed to glow a bright white color. He began to punch at the numbers with the fingerprints. On the second try the door opened and the darker vision stopped, returning to normal.

“How did you do that?” Lucy inquires as Rozalin stepped into the elevator and waited.

“I… dunno….” Desmond admits before following Lucy into the elevator.

“It’s the bleeding effect, you should know that Lucy.” Rozalin smiled brightly, though Lucy sent her a look as the elevator went down once again. The elevator doors opened to reveal an underground garage, filled with the vehicles of the Abstergo employees. Inside were also a massive group of Abstergo security guards.

“There they are! Stop them!”

The guards rushed them, though Lucy took on the largest group herself where areas that left Desmond and Rozalin with the remainders. Desmond left his guard up for a majority of the time, preferring to counter when he could, using what little fighting knowledge he had from his time back at The Farm before he ran away. Rozalin was on the offensive however, sneaking up behind those who were busy with Desmond or sneaking in low blows and using combos to take them out.

“Let’s go!” Lucy shouts, finishing off her own guards and heading to her white car, keys in hand. She popped open the trunk and looked expectantly at Rozalin and Desmond.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me?” Desmond scoffs, sparing the trunk only a glance. At least it was emptied. The look on Lucy’s face told him she wasn’t.

“Great, get to be stuffed into a trunk.” He grumbled as he climbed in. Rozalin looked no more enthused then he was but she complied with only one retort to leave for Lucy;

“I fucking hate you, Lucy.”

Lucy smiled down reassuringly instead and closed the trunk on them.