Chapter 11

Beatriz parked her car in their shared garage and took another deep breath. His car is also parked, so he is in his house. She stepped out of the vehicle and walked towards her landlord's place. She knocked once but no answer, so she knocked once more, now louder, but still no answer. She was about to knock again when she felt something nudged her leg, and saw the dog that her landlord own - a ginormous dog.

"Hey, buddy," she greeted while petting it's head. The dog lean it's head towards her, so she squat and rub the place behind it's head - it emitted a low rumble in it's chest, a clear sound that the dog enjoys it.

"Where is your master, buddy?" she asked after sometime.

The dog barked and run around the house towards the back, she followed and it entered a small house where a series of sound can be heard - a circular saw cutting a wood is very prominent. She peeked from the doorway, hesitant to enter, especially because she came unannounced.

She saw the dog trot towards a man, who is halfly hidden by a post, and barked to get it's attention - successfully, in fact. The man stopped the machine and turns toward the animal, that is now wagging its tail.

"What is it buddy?" she heard him asked, which the dog answered with a bark, and trotted back to her. Her landlord's gaze followed his pet dog and it immediately fell on her. A gasp escaped her, not because of the smoldering heat she saw on his blue eyes, but because of the sudden warmth she felt because of his sweat-covered torso - her landlord is half naked!

---

Ollie is busy tinkering with woods in his workhouse, the sound of the circular saw on his hand drowned the thoughts swimming on his head, that he doesn't want to fully entertain. A bark from Max - his pet dog, caught his attention.

"What is it buddy?" he asked and the dog answered with a bark before trotting towards the entrance of the workhouse, and his breath caught on his throat when he saw his unannounced visitor - his tenant, the memory of their kiss now at the front of his mind.

Though he like the feeling of her eyes raking his body, he reached for his shirt and put it on. He took advantage of the action to clear his mind that became muddled at the sight of her. He approached her, staring intently. He stopped in front of her then cleared his throat first before speaking.

"Do you need anything?" He saw her fidget before looking at him.

"Claire, sent me here. We need help at the store," her short reply.

His brows rose at her answer since it will be easier if Claire just called him, rather than her coming over. Though, they are neighbors, it is clear she went out of the office to come here, judging by her outfit.

"Claire can call me anytime, why didn't she?" he asked, voice laced with doubt.

"She is busy with her son. Luke is so fussy, so, she just asked me to come by to ask for your help," she answered, slightly breathless.

He stared at her for some more before finally accepting her explanation.

"Okay, wait for me out front." he said before walking towards his house, leaving the woman baffled at his actions.

---

'What the hell?!' Beatriz asked herself, her gaze following the man who made her breathing hard that she suddenly took a lungful of air. She have met several men because of her job, some are now friends, others became enemies, some are even more handsome than hernlandlord, but none held so much power over her that she forgot everything she had learned through the years. One of which is controlling her facial expressions and her body's reaction, but just a heated gaze from him, she becomes a mess.