Chapter 6

A/N: I would like to apologize (again) for a super late update (blame it to the pandemic) 🤣🤣🤣.

Anyways, thank you for your  continued support and understanding.

Enjoy and happy reading! ;)
____________________________________________

An incessant beeping of his phone woke him up from his sleep. He doesn't want to take it, but changed his mind when he saw who it was. Brows furrowed, he answered the call.

"Sir?"

"Beast-" the sound of his codename alerted him - a habit he acquired after so many years of working. "-2000H tonight, same place." then, the call was cut.

He is still staring at his phone, minutes after the call ended.

'Why?' he asked himself, but no answer came.

At 1930H, he came to the place his superior said, he is early, he knows, but it is has been his habit ever since. The place is packed even though the night is still young. He went directly to the VIP area and went inside a room and waited.

At exactly 2000H, an elder man entered via a secret door, and he immediately stood up in attention.

"No need for formalities Beast." the elderly man said. "Take a seat."

He sat rather stiffly at the command. Silence reined and he waited for the man to speak, which he did so immediately.

"I know that you are confused as to why I called you suddenly after more than a year. You see we have another lead following, in order to take down the organization that you infiltrated before, and it is quite promising." his senses immediately became alert at the statement.

"But-" the words caught when a knock came from outside the door, and a server came. They waited for her to leave the room before his superior continued.

"But we have a problem. The data you collected before about the organization vanished the same time you were captured. Only recently when we were alerted of a "hit" that we came to know those data are gone."

He didn't commented on the last sentence but his brows became furrowed in confusion. His superior may have noticed it, for he added.

"The person who had a "hit" is none other than Enrico Dela Torre, the man who is considered very close to our main target. The very man whom we thought is already long dead."

The news made him froze and his face became hard.

"How did it happen?" he asked.

"We aren't sure yet how, but someone is already looking into it as well as who erased all the data you gathered before. Everyone's being suspected."

"So, what do you want with me, sir?"

"The back-up data that you have with you."

---

Three days after meeting with his superior, he is still undecided on what to do about the request. Though he denied having a back-up data, and his superior just accepted it, he saw it in his face that he doesn't believe him, since he had been his mentor and taught him to always keep a back up for everything he collected. So he is expecting that he will contact him again to surrender those documents, something that he doesn't want to do, especially now that he knows that the data he gave them were missing.

'I must prepare, they might do something drastic just to get ahold of those documents I am keeping.' he scowled at the thought.

"Uncle Ollie, come play with us!" Nate's voice pulled him out of his reverie. He found him staring at him with his new friend, Chase. His brows furrowed, something he does everytime he saw the boy, it triggers something in his mind - like a memory, but kind of blurry, especially his eyes - his golden eyes. He dismiss the thought by mentally shaking his head, and turned towards his nephew.