Chapter 16

A/N: sorry for another delay...

Happy reading! ;)
______________________________________________

"Uncle Ollie, we are hungry," his eyes landed on Ally's scrunched up face. They are currently playing a board game in his living room area.

"Didn't your parents fed you before they brought you here?" he asked in a light tone.

"We ate, but we are hungry again." Nate answered for his twin.

"Do you have anything in your kitchen?" he heard Beatriz asked.

"None, as far as I know," he answered slightly sheepish.

"As far as you know?" she asked in a teasing tone.

"I haven't been to the grocery for awhile," he answered after clearing his throat. "Maybe, we can go to grandma's house?" his statement is for the kids.

"They're not there, that is why, papa and momma dropped us here." Ally said nonchalantly.

"Is that so?" he said absentmindedly.

"We can eat outside then shop for some food, I also need to replenish my fridge," he heard Beatriz said that made the kids shout with hurray.

They all hurriedly went out and cramped inside his jeep, with Beatriz seating shotgun while the kids are seated at the back. They left Max, much to the kids disappointment.

"Seatbelts, please," he reminded everyone.

"Done!" the kids said at once. He slanted his eye at the woman seated on his right and saw that her seatbelt is already in place.

"I am a law-abidding citizen, if you must know," she said with a smirk, not looking at him which made him snicker.

"Where do you want to eat?" he asked to no one in particular.

"Owl's Diner!" shouted the twins.

"There?" he asked, slightly uncomfortable.

"Yes, why Uncle Ollie?" Ally asked.

"The food there is yummy," Nate said after a while.

"Owl's Diner it is," he said with a sigh which made Beatriz glance at him but didn't say anything.

The drive over there was full of chatter from the twins and occassionally from Chase. They arrive in no time and everyone got out once he parked his car properly.

The place is almost full and luckily one table just gotten empty were they all sat.

"Hello there, everyone, what can I get you?" he silently groan, when Bertha, the owner's wife approached them to take on their order. She always gives a comment on how he doesn't take on a wife yet, not even a girlfriend.

"The usual for me," he answered.

"Sure, you do," she said while writing on her pad, one of her brow slightly raised, her way of silently reprimanding him of his failure with regards to his lovelife. "What about you, kids?"

"We want the chicken nuggets and fries and club sandwiches," Nate answered.

"Alright, how about you dear?" she turned to Chase who is silently reading the menu. He heard Bertha gasped when the kid turned his head and rendered her unable to speak to several seconds.

"Just the special burger meal with chicken please, thank you," the boy said quietly.

Bertha cleared her throat first, before turning to Beatriz, "And for you?"