Chapter 15

A/N: sorry, I've been MIA for several months, just busy with work. Thank you for your concerns and for tirelessly waiting for an update.

Happy reading! ;)
____________________________________________

A week!

It has been a week since that night, and she is nowhere to be seen. Her apartment kept close, she is not coming for work and last but not the least, he hadn't seen her. Not even a glimpse, not even her back, nor her shadow, and it is making him on edge.

He thought to let her be the morning after, that she may have felt a little awkward after they did the deed. Even the next day and the day before that, he controlled himself to march towards her house and bang at her door. On the third day, he thought that she is with her friend, but upon knowing that Claire is still around managing her store, that's when he let that nagging feeling consume him. So, he walk up to her front door and knocked until his knuckles are red, but no one answered. He struggled with the need to open her house with the duplicate key he had, good thing his super ego is stronger, he was able to control and suppressed it.

"Where are you?!"he asked to no one in particular, and Max, his dog, whined.

He turned his head towards his pet and asked.

"Where do you think she is buddy?" The dog tilted its head on the side as if contemplating his question.

"Do you think she is still with her friend? You know, that friend who picked her up after she sprained her ankle." The dog whined again.

"Do you think she will come back?" At his question, the dog scoffed.

"You think, she will not come back?" He asked his dog, wide-eyed.

"I didn't know that you can talk to animals. Did your agency taught you that skill?" Sean's voice took his attention from his dog, who, from the sound he is emitting, is already asleep, not minding the arrival of his brother.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, brows furrowing, while staring intently at his brother standing at the threshold of his house.

Sean, leisurely walked inside and plopped himself on the couch beside Max's, and petted the dog.

"Nothing." Sean answered in a bored tone.

"If you have nothing to do here, just get out and leave me alone." He said irritated.

"Leave you to what? To sulk and be grumpy? To continuously think about her?" Sean countered.

"How long have you been standing there? And how much have you heard?" He said, aggravated, not to his brother, more so, to himself. For he did not notice him coming, him that has a legendary skill in the agency. He was reduced to this, wallowing because of a woman.

He heard Sean sigh, but he didn't budge a bit.

"I just dropped someone off..." Sean started, but he gave no comment.

"You will not ask who?" his brother continued.

"Fine..." Sean said, stood up and walk towards the door, but before he step out of his house, he yelled.

"Hey, Beatriz! If you need a ride some other time, just call me, okay!"

"What the f*ck?!" Ollie suddenly stood up, and walked out of his house, he saw his brother running towards his car.

"You're welcome!" Sean yelled again before speeding off, but he paid no mind. His focus is solely on the house beside his. Brows furrowing, he stare at it for sometime, making sure that he is not dreaming.