Chapter 16

The light was turned on and every single person in the room groaned.

“Turn it off.” Dan whined, whilst I tried to hide under Ryan’s arm.

“Get up or we’ll be late.” Mum warned us from outside, we all moved a little faster. Pulling on clothes and shoes and grabbing our phones.

“Is that even your top?” Dan asked, I looked down and was not surprised to find it was Ryan’s.

“No. And I don’t even care.” I shrugged, I had a polo shirt in my bag in case they wanted me to coach.

“One of hers is in there with the polo shirt, I had a feeling she would throw on whatever she found first.” Ryan chuckled as he walked past with a flask.

“Please tell me that’s tea.” He shook his head sadly.

“Glen has the tea.” Which means it’ll be gone by the time we get there. Mum and Izz were in the car already, so I forced myself out the house with the boys following sadly.

“I want to sit with Danny and Ryan!” Izz exclaimed, they both sat with her.

“I’ll sit in the back with Mark.” Glen decided, climbing in through the boot. Leaving me sat with my Mum in the front then. Not that that is a bad thing.

“Morning.” I greeted Mum as I fell into the seat.

“Morning.” She smiled. “Everyone ready?” The reply was fairly grumbly.

“Seriously Amy?” Mum glared at my top, I just shrugged.

“I know what will wake us up.” I connected my phone to the car and put it on shuffle. The first song that came on was Maps by Maroon 5. That musical bunch couldn’t keep quiet, everyone was singing along and we all woke up a little. It was actually pretty fun. We sang along to everything; OneRepublic, Maroon 5, The Civil Wars, The Cab, Imagine Dragons. Honestly, everything. “I think it’s time for the spirit song.” I laughed as we got closer, I put on Hail Rain or Sunshine. Making Mark groan and Danny laugh. Me and Dan sang as loud as we could, eventually the others gave in and sang too.

“Here we go.” Mum said, already getting out the car, cutting the song off just over half way through.

“In we go.” Ryan being a push over carried Izzy whilst Danny carried her bags. “You two are unbelievable.” They both just shrugged at me.

“Meemsy are you going to watch me?” Izz asked hopefully.

“Of course hunny, I wouldn’t miss it.” I smiled. “That’s why I brought the idiots too.” She laughed at that. “Now, go and get changed.” Ry let her down and she ran off.

“Where are we going?” Dan looked pretty lost.